CHAPTER 11: MONSTERS AMONG MEN

While on the way to another continent, Clementine was watching a hologram video about the zombie invasion from Dave's world, which she chuckled at due to the hilarious appearance of the zombies, while John Wick was watching the cloudy and dark sky through the window. Crazy Dave was simply enjoying his spicy tacos in the front seat because Penny, where the trio is currently, is the one driving to another continent.

"Do you really trust whoever sent that message?" Clementine asked cautiously, as she had years of experience with trusting new people.

"We have no choice. I also don't trust them. Frankly, I didn't even trust Dave and Ash, but I did to survive... wherever we are." John answered before sighing. "You're not the only one who has been betrayed before."

"...How did you know that I was betrayed?" Clementine asked curiously.

"Your eyes. I can tell. They're the eyes who have seen things, the same as mine." John answered. "It must've been tough for you to live as an adult. You didn't have any proper childhood, did you?"

Clementine nodded, "Yeah. This is probably the first time that... I'm not really cautious with my surroundings. It feels like... freedom."

"Once we reach a different continent, you'll be free from those monsters," John said before shaking his head. "I'm still in disbelief that zombies exist. I'm more surprised that some of them are much stronger than an ordinary one."

"Yeah, like that shield wielder and... a deadite?" Clementine agreed, processing the unknown and unusual types of zombies that she had never seen before. "What's a deadite?"

"I'm not sure. Ash told us about them briefly." John answered. "But they are a species of parasitic demons that seek to possess the bodies of mortals and feast on the souls of living creatures."

"Similar to how a corpse can become a walker, but at the same time, different." Clementine slightly shivered upon realizing that deadites are people who are possessed by a demon. She has bad memories of demon possession after watching a horror movie out of curiosity when she was 11. "Dave told me that the way to 'kill' them is dismemberment."

"And sunlight," John added. "I'm sure they have other weaknesses as well, but Ash died before he could tell us the rest."

Crazy Dave munched on his third taco before pulling out the fourth and fifth, "HEY, DOES ANYONE WANT SOME DELICIOUS TACOS!?"

"No, thanks. I wouldn't want to get a bad stomach." Clementine refused.

"Yeah. We'll just stick with snacks for now." John refused as well.

"OKAY, BUT I'LL BE FINISHING EVERYTHING THEN!" Dave then munched on the fourth and fifth tacos at once. "YUMMY!"

Suddenly, a huge fireball attacked Penny.

"Ouch!" Penny groaned, causing her to stop in midair. "Who the heck did that!?"

"Are we being attacked?" Clementine asked.

John pulled out his glock, "We're about to find out."

On the ground, two individuals were staring at the flying vehicle. The first individual has large lips and sharp teeth. He has yellow skin, lines on his stomach, and sharp claws. He has a large spiked shell, a red mane, and spiked cuffs. He is very large, presumably eight feet tall or more. He is Bowser, the King of Koopas and the archenemy of Mario.

Bowser laughed, "I got 'em."

"After hours of searching, we finally found more people other than you." The second individual said. "I hope they have useful information about the crazy human."