ONETOBER • Day 31! [Last day!]

Start from the beginning

"Won't these costumes be way too small for us?" Bryce questioned Liam, who had his back facing him as Liam investigated slightly. Liam looked up at Bryce, a questioning look on his face.

"It's fine, plus I'm sure that there are large costumes." Liam responded, turning his 'head' back to scan for costumes, walking a bit to the side in hopes to potentially find one. Liam saw a costume that seemed to be like a bumblebee, but he already knew that any of them would not want to wear that. He was at the end of the shelf, only able to find multiple hangers, scattered pieces, and a single costume. His eyebrows lowered, and he quickly walked to the opposite side, looking at the other shelf. Bryce just looked at him while he was scanning the shelf. Amelia has not come back yet, which probably meant that she was still looking, or something else happened.

Liam found a costume, and the costume looked like one that Bryce could wear. He picks out the costume, inspecting its wrapping and other elements that were like that. The costume was colored black, and came with a scythe-looking prop as well, though it had to be constructed first. He took one look at Bryce, and glanced back at the costume. He carefully took the costume off the hook, and looked at Bryce again.

“Bryce, I think this costume would look great on you!” Liam said joyfully. However, Bryce was not in the mood.

"Uhm.. yeah sure I’ll try it I guess.." Bryce said, not really paying attention to Liam, as he still looked a little grumpy. Liam handed over the costume to Bryce, hoping that he would at least try it on. Bryce really looked like he did not want to try anything on, but Liam's joyful and happy face made Bryce marginally give in to his request.

Liam then guided Bryce over to the changing rooms, just to make sure he was actually going to try on the costume and not do something else. Bryce walked in hesitantly, and took the costume with him. He unpackaged it a bit carefully. He still did not want to trick or treat, but he did not have much of a choice by this point. He noticed that the costume had a cape attached with a slightly large hood as well. The scythe came in three parts, which would be a little hard to attach together.

Bryce did not pay much attention to the scythe, or the actual cost of it, as Liam was seemingly making him try on the costume. Bryce stared at the costume in his hands, and looked at himself in the mirror.. He looked at the costume again, and started to put on the cape. It was just a little small, yet it fit him still. He tied a small bow, just because he kind of wanted to. There was a small ruby attached to the bow as well. He looked up at himself in the mirror yet again, looking at himself with the minor change. He sighed, and walked out of the room, the packaging of the costume in his hand. Liam was outside of the door, looking like he was waiting for Bryce to come out. He inspected Bryce once he came out of the changing room, wondering if he would look decent in the costume or not. Liam showed a thumbs up, so Bryce quickly got out of the costume, which was a bit easy since he did not tie it that tight. He stuffed the robe back into the packaging, the duo heading over to where Amelia could be at. They went into the aisle, seeing Amelia fidgeting slightly with a witch hat, her eyes looking a little blank. Amelia quickly snapped out of her state, gripping the hat tightly as she looked slightly embarrased.

"Oh- Liam, Bryce! I think I found something I want!" Amelia said, slightly looking to the side. She held out the witch hat she had. It was dark purple, with a fake spider at the top, with two bells at the side of the brim. She looked back to the two, looking curious.

"Aren't there other parts for a witch costume..?"

"They were all sold out already.." Amelia explained, now looking at Liam. Liam nodded, indicating that he understood what she was saying.

"So, let's just pay for these already." Bryce said, turning around and already walking away with costume in hand. Liam was not able to get a costume, but he quickly trailed behind Bryce. Amelia walked a bit more slowly, and she grabbed three trick or treating baskets, and then went over to Bryce and Liam.