Spooky- Taebin

"Finally! It's Halloween! I've been waiting for this day for a whole year." The youngest exclaimed.

"Well, Halloween is only once a year..." Soobin stated whilst providing drinks to his three friends.

"Whatever. I can finally dress up, I can become the pumpkin I've always wanted to be!"

"Kai, you chose to be a pumpkin...for Halloween? Out of everything you could've chosen?" Beomgyu questioned the maknae.

"What's wrong with being a pumpkin?"

"Eve-"

"Nothing, he means nothing." The oldest said whilst covering the brunettes mouth.

"Anyways, what do you guys want to dress up as?" Huening asked.

"I want to be a vampire." Yeonjun said.

"I want to be a ghost!" Beomgyu smiled.

"I'll be the devil." The tallest announced.

"You- a devil. Pftttt!"

"What's wrong with that Hyung? Why can't I be a devil?"

"N-no reason. PHAhaha!" Yeonjun continued laughing causing the younger two to join in as well. Soobin just ignored the latter and continued munching on his snacks.

'I can be a hot devil.'

The night has come and the four boys are all dressed up in their desired costume. It took them 4 whole hours just to dress up, but it was all worth it in the end because damn are they looking delicious. (A/N: I cringed, sorry ;-;)

They picked up their bags, ready to go hunting for some treats. Honestly, the other three did all the knocking, Soobin felt way too awkward for that. The latter insisted that they should just stay home and watch a movie, however the others disagreed. They said that it's too boring and they should be living their life to the fullest. Poor Soobin got dragged out the house into the darkness.

"Guys, can we go back now? I'm tired."

"Bro, you're tired already? But we just started!" Beomgyu complained. "Let's go over there, it looks so cool." He ran towards the beautifully decorated house.

"This is going to be a long night." The raven haired sighed.

The four boys spent all night knocking and receiving all the treats with their bags almost overflowing. They were soon walking down a dark pathway with only limited lampposts shining. Suddenly, there was a crunch. The boys turned back only to see nothing.

"That was weird..." Yeonjun stated.

"Look! It's a cat!" Kai shouted, noticing a small shadow.

The group decided to go see the cat as it looked very lonely and cold. The fur was covered in dirt and the black cat was purring, visibly shaking.

"Hey there!' Beomgyu tried saying gently, however the cat just stood up, terrified.

"Hey, hey, we won't hurt you." Soobin said as he raised his palm.

The cat just looked at Soobin's face and then back at his palms. Slowly, the cat walked forward, sniffing around the hand placed in front of him. The then cat decided to rub his head on the palm, finding it very comfortable. The raven haired decided to pick the little pet and stroke through his black fur.

"You look so lonely little kitty. Do you have an owner?"

Judging by how quickly the cat trusted the latter, they all assumed that this cat was all alone with no one taking care of him.

"Hyung, guys, I think I'm gonna take him home with us. I don't think he has an owner."

'Well, if you're so sure then... we can keep him." The oldest stated, causing the rest to smile excitedly.

Back at the house, the cat has been washed by all four boys. With those big pearl eyes staring back at them, quite uncomfortably as this felt too revealing. It wasn't too long after that the cat fell asleep next to Soobin in his bed. The rest has noticed that this cat tends to like the other a lot more than them.

"You're so cute, sleep tight kitty." Soobin whispered whilst giving a small peck on the cats head.

The sunshined through the blinds waking up the human as he blinked several times, trying to adjust to the lighting. He felt a presence and decided to turn over , hoping to cuddle the cat. But Soobin only let out a scream and pushed the figure onto the ground.

"Ouchie." The latter exclaimed, rubbing his head as he fell onto the cold, hard floor.

"What the fuck- who are you?"

"Me? Who are you?''

"You're the one that's in my bed!" Soobin yelled in fright.

"You're bed- Oh. My bad."

"How did you get in here?"

"You bought me here yesterday, now that I recall. Thanks for pushing me off the bed by the way, greatly appreciated." He said, rolling his eyes.

"That doesn't make any sense! Why would I bring a human home that I've never seen in my life. The only thing I got was a cat!"

"Well, you see...I am the cat."

"Are you okay? Do you hear what you're saying?" Soobin is starting to lose his mind.

"Let me speak! I'll explain everything!"

"Okay fine, go ahead. I'll shut up."

"So you see, I was dressed up as a cat and was doing what everyone else was yesterday, knocking on doors to get treats. I rang this one house and it was an old lady. She gave me one, SINGULAR candy, which frustrated me. But anyways, I had it on the way to the next house but oddly enough I felt tired. So I took a little break. Suddenly I was trying to speak but all that came out was a meow. Next, you guys turned up and kidnapped me."

"I wouldn't call that kidnap, the cat was just cute and looked like he needed some company." Soobin mumbled.

"Did you just call me cute? I'm flattered." He giggled.

"W-whatever. What's your name?"

"Taehyun, Kang Taehyun." He smiled.

"That's a cute name too." He muttered under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! Nothing."

"C-can I go back to sleep now?" Taehyun asked timidly.

"Look at you all shy now." Soobin smirked. "Hop in."

The younger jumped back to the bed, under the covers as he fluttered his eyes shut. Soobin stared at the latter in his bed. He felt quite concerned, he took a cat in only for it to be a person and now... he thinks that he might actually like this human.

'Gosh, what is wrong with me.' He thought, shaking his head.

He lay back down, looking at the latter. A few hair strands covering the younger's face. Soobin raised his hand as he moved the loose strands away. Soon, a pair of doe eyes were looking back at him.

"I-I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay, I like it." The male blushed. "Can we cuddle?"

"S-sure." Soobin tried suppressing his smile but failed miserably.

Taehyun moved closer to the older as he rested his head on the ravenette's broad chest. Soobin wrapped his arms around the smaller and closed his eyes, drifting back to dream land.

'I hope this isn't a dream.'

———
Hi guys! Happy Halloween! 👻 🎃

We finally got a Taebin oneshot! It is quite random but I wanted to update today, hopefully it wasn't too bad😭

Thank you for reading 🤍

Word count- 1,195