Chapter 6 - The Great Battle of Ejei

Start from the beginning

Nhou: "Welcome to Ejei, Marshal Rommel. I hope you are satisfied with this fortress city."

Erik: "It's okay, General. This city reminds me of an old St. Augustine fortress. And it will be my first battle fought in a fortress city."

Nhou: "Alright. Now, without anything else, let's go to the war room."

Nhou led him to the war room while his adjutant closed the door.

~Moments later~

After walking down the corridor, the general and marshal, along with the general's aide, finally arrived at the war room.

Inside the war room, there are several officers working, everyone stops and salutes.

The war room is much larger, with no windows and hundreds of papers stacked or spread out on the tables.

In the back there was a large table with a map of Ejei and its surroundings, along with a painting of Rondenius's map on the wall.

Nhou: "Marshal Rommel, as you know, the Lourians are trying to take this fortress, whatever the cost. Here are the Lourians and they are setting up camp there."

Nhou then pointed to an area marked on the map, in the West.

Nhou's aide: "According to our intelligence, the Lourians have dispatched their musketeers and bronze cannons to the front, following the devastation of their navy in the naval battle 2 days ago."

Erik: "How many musketeers and bronze cannons are there?"

Nhou's aide: "Not many, about 1,000 musketeers and about 100 bronze cannons. About 50 bronze cannons left for your capital defenses."

Nhou: "The Lourian developed their firearm arsenals about 2 years ago, this development went unnoticed by us until now. Most of their muskets are copies of old Parpaldian muskets and their cannons are heavy bronze basilisks."

Erik: "Understood. How many troops do the Lourians have in that camp?"

Nhou: "It is still uncertain, we believe there are 1 million soldiers, including archers, wizards, knights and musketeers."

Erik: "My god, that's a lot of troops, are they so desperate to conquer Ejei?"

Nhou's advisor: "The Lourians have mobilized their Western Army to aid the invasion."

Erik: "Western Army?"

Nhou: "Lourian's army is divided into two, the Eastern Army and the Western Army. Although the Eastern Army was the strongest, the Western Army is practically like a reserve force."

Erik: "Understood."

Nhou's advisor: "In short. The Lourians mobilized their ENTIRE army to conquer Ejei."

Nhou: "Right now, we have several plans for the next battle or siege. Two options: attack first or let them attack first."

Erik placed his hand on his chin and thought for a moment.

Erik: "You said they mobilized their ENTIRE army, right?"

Nhou: "Yes, you can say that, marshal."

Erik: "If they mobilized their entire army, let them attack first."

Everyone present in the room was shocked and confused by this statement from the Marshal of the Union.

Nhou: "Pardon me, Marshal Rommel. What exactly is your plan?"

Erik: "See, if the Lourians attack first, they've probably sent about 80% to 90% of their army to the battlefield. We could decimate them with our artillery bombardments and mow them down with our machine guns."