fool

fool ~ frankie cosmos

mother: Scarlett johansson

y/n age: 14

y/n pov

i sat down on the bus watching the water dropplets run down the big windows. racing the raindrops in my mind i zone out thinking about what to eat when i got home. i hadnt eaten yet today as i couldnt be bothered to pack lunch anymore.

after i decided on something my mind and stomach was set and thats all i could think about until i stepped off the bus.

i walked across the road and down my street not speeding up my pace more than a walk even though it was bucketing down. i got to my front door and pushed my keys in to unlock it.

"hi" i said walking into the kitchen where my sister was making food. after recognizing the smell i look over and see shes cooking the one thing i wanted. "why do you always have to eat my food" i groaned rubbing my hands across my face in frustration.

"did you buy it" she argued back. and although i didnt buy it i got it for myself since i was the only one that went grocery shopping with my mother anymore. this meant i got to pick out the food i felt like eating. the others didnt even contribute to the grocery list anymore and just expected it to be bought for them.

i looked through the cupboard just searching for a snack this time only for it once again not be there. two weeks in a row i have bought this snack and now both times it has been eaten before i could even open it.

i stormed out of the kitchen and down to my brothers room knocking as a warning before opening the door. "did you eat my (snack)" i asked briefly saying hello to his girlfriend who was laying on his bed as he was at his desk.

he just pursed his lips and laughed a little. "it was there for days, dont blame me" he said shrugging. ever since the 3 of us were kids we all got our own snacks to make sure there was no fighting, everything was shared equally and everyone stuck to it. so you would think that by now they would not just eat food that isnt theirs.

i slammed his door going upstairs. i had already had a shit day, the food i want has been eaten and this family makes me feel like im insane. i started crying over nothing sliding my hands through my hair and gripping it tightly.

this is all so stupid. i thought to my self wiping my eyes and going to my bed. i kicked my shoes off laying down. my stomach growled at me in protest saying i should go get something but i was to upset for that. soon enough i fell asleep curled into a ball.

a couple hours later i was woken by someone coming into my room. rolling over i see my mother entering the room with two cups of hot chocolate. it was still raining outside and a shiver went down my spine as i realized how cold it had become.

"the others told me what happened" she said taking a seat on the bed next to me.

"so they complained to you that it isnt my food and told you to tell me to shut up" i rolled my eyes taking a sip of my drink. she nodded looking into her mug.

"i get what they are saying but i side with you. you come with me grocery shopping so you get to decide what food is bought and pick out the stuff you want. they could always come along but they dont" she said brushing my hair away from my face and behind my ear.

i hummed wishing they thought the same. "how was your day" i asked her making her sigh.

"stressful, we had to do alot of re shoots today" she complained and i nodded. "why dont you take the day off school tomorrow and come to set with me, after we can go out for dinner, just the two of us. your siblings will be at work anyway"

i agreed leaning my head back against the bedframe behind me. she put her mug down and shuffled closer to me to wrap an arm around my shoulders. i put my cup down next rolling over to lay half on top of her. she wrapped her other arm around me and i let all the tension fall from my body.

it's not often i get times like this anymore. with my mother being the famous scarlett johansson she is quite a busy woman. she rubbed her hand over my arm gently as we listened to the soft rain hitting the windows.

all of a sudden there was a massive lightning strike causing me to jump in her arms. rain i loved but not lighting.

she held me tighter and brought the blanket up over us. "your okay my sweet girl, i will always be here for you" she whispered softly as thunder rumbled outside.

"i love you so much, you are my little miracle"