Dusk 1: The mysterious men

Sister Maria was a beautiful young girl with blue eyes like the color of the sky and white skin like the snow itself. She was wearing her black nun uniform, with her hair been under her nun hat too.

She had the opposite personality that Sarah had. She was one year older than her, extrovert, and always taking care of her appearance. She liked spending time with Father Cross and talking about many things. On the other hand, Sarah was introvert. She always kept her skin clean with just water, showing her fresh skin of youth.

When Sarah went out for taking the pieces of wood, Maria woke up ang prayed, before getting dressed. She was ready to start her new day and was climbing the stairs, when she heard Sarah screaming. She ran outside and saw the two young men on the icy ground. The two girls and Barba took them into the monastery, next to the fireplace. 

Barba put the woods in the fireplace and lighted them up. Maria took the man with the long hair near the fireplace. Next to them, Sarah was sitting on her knees, next to a layer that they had as a bed and took care of the wound the other one had.

The young man with the long hair woke up, opening his eyes slowly and looked around him. He was in an unknown place with unknown people around him. He pressed his palms to the ground and moved back, like he was trying to find a way out.

"It's fine. You are safe" Maria said and sat next to him, on her knees "We found you unconscious on the ground. How are feeling?"

"I... I feel my legs numb" he looked around him "Nea!" he shouted to the unconscious young man, who was laying on the layer, some meters away from him.

"He is fine, he just lost his senses. He lost too much blood because of his wound" Sarah said and approached him, having her arms crossed "What happened to him?"

"I can't say" the long haired man said and lowered his head. His black locks falling on his pale face "It has to do with my brother's family"

"Isn't your brother's family your family too?" Sarah asked serious and the young man looked at her "It's... more complicated than you think"

"Come on, Sarah" Maria said, smiling kindly "Don't interrogate him like that. He just woke up and his limbs are numb. Come" she stood up and helped the young man to stand up too "Let's take a walk around the monastery, so you will be able to warm your limbs" 

"If you don't want to say anything about your past" Sarah continued "At least, tell us your name. We need to know who is the man that we give our hospitality" 

"Sarah!" Maria scolded her and Sarah looked her with a questioned look

"It's fine" the young man said, raising his hand to Maria, nodding that it was really fine "My name is Mana D. Campbell. I am from London. Is that enough for you not to worry, sister?"

Sarah sighed. Mana seemed a kind young man. He seemed. This was what he had in the back of her mind. Her trust issues weren't helping in this situation. She nodded and Maria helped Mana to go out of the room.

She turned and approached the table where she had put a bowl of water and a piece of fabric, with which she was cleaning the wounds. She took the fabric and squeezed it between her hands. The red, from blood, water fell in the bowl and she sat next to young man, on her knees. She didn't leave his side, she was afraid that he would have a fever, which meant that his wound became infected.

She touched the hair locks which fell on his forehead and pushed them back to touch his gray forehead, so she could check if he had fever. Then, she noticed something. On his forehead there was a row of stigmata, like a tattoo.