𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖 - 𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐄

"Are you an idiot?" I retorted to Dina

"Are you an idiot?" I retorted to Dina. I usually refrained from calling others names, but this was needed. She had been promoted from Executive assistant to project manager, which was practically the same job except higher paying and a bit harder.

"What did I do wrong?" she grunted, crossing her legs with a judgmental grin. Was she fucking mental?

"What did you do wrong? WHAT DID YOU DO WRONG? You managed to spend an extra million dollars on the nuclear power plants." I sank into the chair, my face buried in my hands. One fucking million dollars, could she pay? I doubt it.

"Okay? Well, it worked, didn't it?" Yeah, at the cost of your entire fucking pathetic existence, I wished to say, but it wasn't professional, "now can you get out?" She did not just say that; I know she did not just fucking say that.

"Get out."

"What? She muttered, appalled.

"Get the fuck out of MY building." My voice was calm and composed, and my face barren of any emotion.

She took a quick laugh and then proceeded to say, "It's Ares's building, not yours." and just then, he came walking with his hands in his pockets. We may have been a bit louder than necessary. I quite honestly expected him to defend her, but he just stood there.

"My father is CEO, in case you forgot."

"You're not."

"You're right," I tilted my head, nodding, "But I can fire you. You're fired."

A splash of surprise met her face, and she stood up, yelling, "Ares, do something about this! She can't do that."

Finally, he interjected, "Sophie, let's be reasonable here." when the fuck was he reasonable? When did he turn into a reasonable person?

I fought to subside my anger, and I did breathing in and out. Calmly and composed, "Yes, I should," Her face seemed to have a bit of surprise but quickly turned into one of a spoiled brat, "I'm going to be reasonable. You are not fired. You will be working as MY assistant, not executive assistant, just assistant. You will get my damn coffee and make my appointments, and if you must, you will scrub my damn feet. You will be paid 15.50 an hour, and I will deduct everything else from your check until you can repay me the million you have cost us." I spat, and even Ares looked surprised, a look I did not often see.

"I was-" she muttered angrily, her tan face a shade of unruly red.

"Be quiet, and if you try to quit, I will make sure your career is ruined, and I will call every CEO in New York to make sure they know your pathetic existence and not hire you." I paused momentarily, "I am not making a bluff; do not underestimate my power and do not tempt my fury. I grew up in this world, and I know my way around; I know my people, so if I were you, I would get me a damn cup of coffee. Ares isn't going to save you now, and if you aren't aware, he is MY husband." I yelled, my face almost fuming with fury; it wasn't just this. It was everything she's been fucking up for the past week. She has done this job. Some may say she was even more incompetent than Bella.