Sight

When Regulus woke up, he instantly reached out for James. He jolts remarrying what happened yesterday, and he's instantly on his feet. He hears Remus and Sirius talking behind one of the curtains. Regulus rubs his eyes as he steps through. When he opens his eyes again, he sees James looking at him through half opened eyes.

Regulus rushes forward, and he wraps his arms around James' neck. "How long have you been awake?" Regulus whispers. He's careful not to touch the side of James' face.

"Not too long, love," James mumbled in response. Regulus smiled when James arms come around his back. They just rest there, not hugging Regulus back, just there. Regulus knows the only reason for that is because James is weak. He's been hurt, so he's going to be weak. For a second though Regulus thinks that maybe James blames Regulus just like Regulus does.

"'m sorry, James," Regulus mumbles. He feels James slowly shake his head.

"Not your fault, Reg. Lucius didn't even do this; it was Snape. It was in no way connected to you, love." Regulus let's put a shaky breath at James' words. He hesitantly pulls away, and he looks back at Sirius and Remus. His face flushed, and he has to look away when they face him. He's embarrassed from his actions yesterday. Regulus uses his wand to pull a chair over, and he sits next to James. He doesn't look back up. He simply hold James hand.

He tries to ignore Remus and Sirius telling James about what happened yesterday. He tried to ignore the way James weakly squeezed his hand. He doesn't look back up until Pomfrey walks in.

"Okay, James, I need to see your eye first. That's the thing that's most easily injured." Regulus doesn't move, so Pomfrey goes to the other side of James. Regulus watches intently as James faces Pomfrey. His heart stops as her eyes widen slightly.

For the first time in a while, Regulus looks to Remus and Sirius, still standing towards the end of James' bed, and he connects eyes with his brother. Sirius saw it too.

"Okay, well, the spell did unfortunately hit your eye. Though, it's lucky that it was only the corner of your eye. You have a chance to keep your eyesight as it heals, but it's likely that you will loose your vision in that eye as it heals." Regulus watches as James nods. He doesn't see any tense from Pomfrey's words in James at all. "As for the rest of your cut, it's magical, so it will scar. I suspect Remus can lead you the cream that I have given him. That will help it fade slightly. It's healing well, so you don't technically need to stay here. I think you should, but it's up to you." James instantly shakes his head.

"I'm going up to my dorm, but thanks, Poppy," James states. He waits as Pomfrey places the potions he'll need to take on the table. When she leaves he begins to get up. Regulus and Sirius are both at his side at once. "I'm okay guys. I can get changed myself. You guys can collect those potions for me though," James tries. Sirius gives Regulus a look before he backs off. Regulus stays there firmly. When James tries to say something about it, Regulus cuts him off.

"No, I'm helping," Regulus doesn't say anymore. James doesn't try any harder. He simply just holds one of his arms out for Regulus to hand him clothing. He gives James the stack of clothes next to him. Regulus assists James as he stands up. He lets James do most of the work of changing his clothes; Regulus just holds some of James weight.

Eventually, James in dressed again, and Remus and Sirius are waiting by the infirmary door. Regulus slips his arm completely around James waist as they make their way over there. "I don't like this," James mumbled as they slowly make their way through the school. Regulus doesn't complain as his arms begin to ache from James weight. He stays there as they continue walking. James is still slightly struggling even as Regulus is supporting half his weight.

Sirius slips in as they begin to walk up the stairs. James doesn't complain though, clearly okay with the extra help. Eventually, Regulus let's go of James as he lays back into his own bed. He watched as James' eyes slip closed before he reaches out his arm. "Come here, Regulus," James whispers. Regulus can see Sirius and Remus slipping into their own bed, and Regulus let's himself slip into James'.

"Hi, James," Regulus whispers. He watched as James' eyes fluster back open. Regulus sees a red line through the corner of James' eye.

"I'll be okay, love," James whispers. Regulus wishes he could believe him.

"I wanted to kill Snape," Regulus whispers. James already kind of knew this though. "I mean, I seriously wanted to," he admits. He watched as James eyes soft as they look at him.

"I understand, love, do you not think that I went after Lucius for the same reason?" Regulus feels his breath hitch with that. He never though of it that way. He didn't think that James had ever felt something like what Regulus had the other day. "I wanted to kill him, Regulus. Me and Sirius had already broke his nose and had him pleading before Snape did anything." Regulus didn't know that. "We would've killed him, Regulus. It's probably better that Snape hit us. At least now, we won't get in trouble because after all nothing beats loosing the eyesight of one of your eyes. They can't punish me farther," James laughs. Regulus laughs slightly too. Regulus softly runs his finger along the cut.

"That sounds so hot, James," Regulus admits. "You punching Lucius. That's so attractive." Regulus laughs lightly. James gives him a small kiss. "But, seriously, James, I'm so so sorry. I don't want you to blame me. I don't think I could handle that," Regulus whispers. He feels James' hand at the back of his neck. Regulus let's James drag him to his chest.

"I don't blame you. That thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I love you, so much. I would give everything to you," James says. Regulus relaxes against James' chest. He feels James press a kiss to his forehead. "Can I tell you something, love?" Regulus looks up, and James looks worried.

"Yes, of course," Regulus states. James looks away.

"I'm actually really scared of loosing my sight," James admits.

"I'll always be here," Regulus states. "I'll help you if it comes to that. Sirius and Remus will too." Regulus can feel James relax against him.

"Okay, I love you. Thank you, I needed to hear that," James says. Regulus nods into his chest.

"I love you, James. I'll do anything for you."