Chapter Three | 三

Days turn into weeks; Weeks turn into months; And months? Months turn into gloomy, miserable crying sessions full of ice cream and crappy Rom-coms.

"Did I come off too strong?" Mizuki sniffles and wipes her tears before wrapping a fuzzy blanket tighter around herself for comfort. Andrea sighs softly and shakes her head as she adjusts her thigh-high socks. "No, Sunshine, I don't think so. But maybe it's a good thing he hasn't texted you..? I mean, what if he was a total creep? Plus, he did look a little too..."old" for you..." Mizuki rolls her eyes and slumps back against the pillows on her bed. "I just-... I'm humiliated, Andy. I feel so stupid... So undesirable..." Andrea finishes adjusting the straps of her heels before sitting next to her best friend, who's been sulking for months about the stranger who never texted her back. "You are gorgeous, Mizuki. And anyone who doesn't take the time to study every detail of you doesn't truly know what it's like to look at the face of an Angel." "What if my face isn't the problem?" Mizuki blurts out before sniffling again, this time wiping some snot from her nose. Her head hangs in shame and disgust as she looks down at her chubby body, along with her disheveled clothes that are currently covered in ice cream stains. "Don't do that to yourself, Mizuki." Andrea gently combs her fingers through Mizuki's hair but grimaces as they get caught in knots. "Okay, no more sulking. Get up and take a shower. You're gonna chill with me at work tonight." "But-" "I don't wanna hear it. Get up. Up, up, up." Mizuki grumbles as she's shooed into the bathroom, but she doesn't complain anymore, knowing full well Andrea won't take "no" for an answer.

It's difficult for Mizuki to sit and watch Andrea, who is so flawlessly beautiful. Her curly brown hair bounces as she walks around waiting tables—Her smile is so warm, bright, and genuine.

"Hey, Sweetie! Do you want something to eat or drink? You've been sitting here doing nothing for a while." Andrea smiles softly as she pets Mizuki's head before tucking her bangs behind her ear. "Oh, uhm... Yeah, I guess." She blushes and smiles awkwardly as she ties knots into her napkin, a habit she developed as a teenager. "Can I get a lavender tea and blueberry muffin, please?" "Of course, Sunshine. And hey." Andrea cups Mizuki's face in her hands before nuzzling their noses together. "I know this is difficult for you, but thank you for coming with me tonight. Also? You look stunning in that dress." She playfully winks at Mizuki before disappearing into the kitchen. Mizuki's soft blush darkens as her eyes drift down to her thighs, where her black dress rests. It's a smooth, silky material with a lace-up back and spaghetti straps that rest against her pale shoulders. A thick white cardigan hangs off her shoulders as her long white hair stays tied up in a messy bun.

"Okay, lovely lady, I have your order here." Mizuki snaps out of her blushing daze as Andrea sits a tray on the table before her. "Enjoy, okay? And try to relax a little. We'll be home before you know it." "Yeah... Thank you, Bunny." "Anytime, Sunshine."

Mizuki looks up from the book she's reading, only to notice a group of men glancing over at her and whispering to each other. The hairs on the back of her neck and arms stand up as she struggles to ignore their creepy stares. She debates waving at Andrea to catch her attention, but someone else catches her attention first.

"Is that All Might?!" "It is!" "And look, he's here with the heroes Erasure, Present Mic, and Midnight!" "Oh wow, she's so hot!" "I wonder what they're doing in a place like this." "I've heard heroes come to this Café all the time." "Really?! Remind me to come here more often!" "Right?! Haha!"

Mizuki watches as Andrea and the other waitresses blush, but for entirely different reasons. "Oh gosh, All Might is so attractive~" "I know, right~? I want a piece of that hero~" "Forget All Might—I want her~" Andrea sighs dreamily as she stares at Midnight in her tight hero uniform—And as Midnight catches Andrea's stare, she smirks and winks flirtatiously. "Oh, she just winked at me!" "Lucky!"

"She's obsessed." Mizuki smiles as she watches her best friend swoon over the beautiful hero. Her crystal blue eyes sparkle like little stars under the cafe's soft lighting, unsurprisingly catching a particular hero's attention. "Wow, she's stunning," All Might mumbles as he stares, not so subtly, at Mizuki. Aizawa raises an eyebrow as Midnight and Present Mic chuckle. 💙 "Who are you looking at?" Midnight questions with a cheeky smirk, which causes All Might's face to flush a soft pink. "Ah, it's no one." 💙 "You're a bad liar, All Might. Now fess up. Who are you looking at?" 💛 "I'm curious too. I've never seen anyone catch your attention before." 🖤 "Who cares? It's probably a protein shake or something." Midnight and Mic laugh as All Might clears his throat, trying to cover up his growing embarrassment. "That's not funny, Aizawa." 💛 "It was." 💙 "One hundred percent."

"Hello." The four heroes cease their conversation as Andrea approaches. "My name is Andrea, and I'll be your server for tonight. Can I get any of you started with a beverage?" Midnight's eyes focus on Andrea the entire time she speaks, even as she takes everyone's orders. 💙 "I'll take a slice of you, Darling~" Aizawa groans, and Present Mic snickers as Andrea blushes at Midnight's flirtatious advances. "Oh, well... I'm not supposed to flirt with the customers, but you are really beautiful." 💙 "Aww~ You are too, little bunny~" Mizuki giggles as she listens in on the conversation, unknowingly catching All Might's attention again. His electric blue eyes get lost in her beauty, and he regrets his mistake even more: Not contacting Mizuki all those months ago. Perhaps being a hero isn't all it's cut out to be. People see it as a blessing, but it's truly a nuisance at times—Especially when time is no longer on your side.

'Wow, she's even more beautiful than I recall.' All Might struggles to tear his focus away from Mizuki as she continues sipping on her tea. Her eyes eventually drift over to All Might, causing both of them to blush and look away rather quickly. 'She caught me staring! What is wrong with me? I've never stared at a woman like that—I've never stared at anyone like that.' 'Was the number one hero staring at me?! That's every woman's dream... But why would he be staring at me? Do I have something on my face? Is there something wrong with my hair?! There must be something wrong with my dress! Maybe he thinks I look weird. Oh gods, I'm gonna have an anxiety attack.' Mizuki takes a couple of deep breaths before suddenly grabbing her cup of tea and standing up. She walks to the register, unknowingly attracting even more attention to herself.

"Mizuki, honey, are you leaving already?" Andrea's eyebrows furrow in concern as she notices her friend paying for her things. "Yeah... Yeah, I am. I'm gonna head home, and-... I just need to be at home right now." Andrea nods as she catches the way Mizuki's chest rises and falls rapidly, along with the way her eyes flutter repeatedly to contain her tears. "I understand, Mizu. Just be safe, okay? It's late, and I don't like that you're walking home alone—Especially in a dress." "Trust me, Andrea, no one is looking." "I wouldn't be so sure about that." Andrea smirks softly as she bumps her hip against Mizuki's before walking over to the hero's table to serve them. Mizuki playfully rolls her eyes but can't contain a small smile that crosses her lips. She finishes paying for her meal and waves at Andrea on her way out the door, multiple sets of eyes following her form as she walks away from the cafe. Perhaps leaving alone at night wasn't the best idea.

 Perhaps leaving alone at night wasn't the best idea