2

The Viscount stood in the middle of the conservatory as he held his hands up, pointing around them, "what do you think?" He asked.

The three Moriarty brothers walked in, with Albert leading as the other two followed behind. Eleanor was on William's left as she had her arms wrapped around his.

"This is truly a sight to behold," Albert complimented as he looked around.

"How magnificent," Eleanor chimed in.

The Viscount smiled in delight as he started explaining about the conservatory.

Noticing William's drifting gaze, Eleanor quietly tilted her head as she followed his gaze, her eyes landing on one of the gardeners.

"Is something the matter, Liam?" She called out.

His gaze drifted to the female next to him who looked at him curiously, a smile blooming on his face as he shook his head. "Nothing in particular."

Eleanor hummed and nodded as she turned her gaze back to the group in front of her, not pursuing the topic any longer.

"...People are quite the same." The Viscount continued as they soon came to a halt, "Don't you agree with me?"

"Yes, but when you have this much, it must be a lot of work tending to them," William spoke up as he looked at the plants around them.

"Oh no, I have a fine gardener, you see," the Viscount said, turning his head to the window as a man walked by. "See? There he is. That man takes care of everything in here. His name is Burton, and he's not a very considerate chap, but he is quite handy when it comes to gardening. Through the sweat of those of lower status, the noble stock bloom," the Viscount continued as the two blonde brothers along with Eleanor stared at the retreating figure of the gardener.

As he finished his blabbering, a cold smile appeared on William's face as he stared at the Viscount, causing Eleanor to peek at him from the corner of her eyes.

"I have an idea! How about we have a tea party here sometime?" The Viscount asked.

The sun seeped through the slightly open curtains causing Eleanor to bury her face into her pillow, stretching slightly as she felt a missing presence next to her.

Lifting herself slightly, she glanced at William who was slipping on his blazer. The slight shuffling sound caused him to turn to the bed on which Eleanor lay as she looked at him half asleep.

"Morning," she muttered under her breath as she sat up, leaning against the headboard as she stretched her arms.

"Good morning, dear," William greeted with a smile, admiring the way the blanket slipped from her body and falling onto her lap, revealing the various marks that decorated her neck down to her collar.

He walked towards the bed once more, leaning down as he placed his palms on either side of her thighs, against the mattress, placing a delicate kiss on the curve of her neck.

Eleanor hummed softly as she smiled, placing her hands on his shoulder as she tilted her head slightly.

"First day of work, isn't it?" She questioned.

William lifted himself slightly as his hand moved to her waist, the other to the back of her head. "Yeah," he muttered before sealing her mouth shut with his own.

As William headed towards the door, Eleanor called out to him once more. Causing him to pause and turn to look at her.

"Grapefruit will reverse the effect of his medication," she told him, before sliding back into the covers and throwing the blanket over her head.

William stared at her silently before he smiled, taking his leave.

"Goodnight," her voice rang out behind him as he chuckled.

"I'm heading out then," he stated.

"Good luck, stay safe," she said as the door finally closed.

The four watched as the train departed, staring into the distance before Albert spoke up. "Do you suppose Mr Burton and Michelle will be able to carry on now?"

"By sharing the burden of their crime, the two of them have forged a bond not easily broken." William's eyes softened as he reminisced the past of their own crime, burning down their home. "That will never be lost."

He then turned towards his brothers who looked at him with smiles, which he returned.