Chapter 24

I woke up at the sound of singing. 

The space next to me was empty, which I was glad about as I was boiling and could feel the sweat on my back. I took Charles' top off and replaced it with the bralette I had been wearing last night. A pair of shorts was thrown over a small chair in the corner of the bedroom and I also threw those on. They were extremely baggy on me but it was going to have to do. 

As I was about the enter the room to which the singing eminated from, I remembered last night and I had to sit back down. Had that seriously happened? With Charles? And to top it off i'd enjoyed it. A lot. Like a lot a lot. Suddenly going into the same room with him felt harder than it had a minute ago. 

'Pull yourself together Hakimi.' I berated myself. 'You hate this man.'

'He literally made you cum faster than ever last night babe' Another voice in my head piped up.

I shook my head and entered the kitchen/living space in the next room. Charles faced away from me and was still wearing what he'd slept in, so his bare back was in full view and I couldn't help but blush. He was singing a song in French that I hadn't heard before. 

"Your awful singing woke me up." I stated, making him aware of my presence. 

He quickly turned around to see me and looked me up and down. 

"Morning Adam Sandler." He grinned "I would back down on the insults or you're having none of this delicious breakkie I cooked." 

"He can cook?!" I fiegned shock. "What's monsieur Leclerc cooking up then?" 

"He can." He replied and paused "but barely so we're having french toast".

"Ooo yum." I was hungry so decided against another insult. 

"However I need the loo so can you look after my creation whilst i'm gone?"

"Sure" I said. I took over the frying of the French toast and got some plates out whilst it cooked. 

I noticed a speaker in the corner of the room, so put on some music; Real Love Baby by Father John Misty. I slightly moved my hips to the music and almost forgot my supposed enemy was in the room next to me. 

Almost. 

I remembered pretty quickly when I felt his hands slide onto my waist, his hands on my bare skin. He slightly pulled himself towards me, so his crotch era sat on the top half of my ass and my back caressed part of his stomach/chest. He moved with me and hummed along to the song. 

"What's it called?" He asked when the song ended and I told him. "You always put on good music" he said, then used his grip on my waist to spin me around. He studied my face for a minute and I felt myself growing red. 

"The toast." I managed to get out and quickly turned back around, his hands still on my waist. This sort of hand placement made me go crazy. I grabbed a spatula and flipped the bread over. 

"Charles, could you grab that plate for me?"

"What's it you English say? Ah - what's the magic word?"

"What's it you French say? S'il vous plait." 

Charles finally took his hands off me and brought both plates over and I placed our breakfast on them. 

Charles had already laid out drinks; apple juice for him and orange juice for me.

"How did you know I'm an orange juice gal?" I laughed.

He shrugged "Just guessed- you're a pretty sour person so I went with the citrus option." 

"Haha, very funny." I rolled my eyes and sat down. The only things between us was a bottle of ketchup, which Charles grabbed and squirted onto his toast, then offered to me. 

"Maple syrup is wayyyyy better." I sighed but took it from him and added some to my plate. 

"I doubt my PT would be very happy with me," Charles said as we started eating "Plus I don't have any at the moment". 

"Charles. What are we?" I said suddenly.  He seemed taken aback. 

"I'm not sure." He answered slowly.

"Because last night is definetely not something people who hate each other do."

"I've never hated you Edom," He said softly. 

"Certainly hasn't felt like it." I muttered, irritated. 

"I've never hated you Edom," He repeated "I just hate the distraction you cause me on track. And off track for that." 

"I cause?! What's that supposed to mean Leclerc."

"And you're back to calling me that, seriously?!" 

"You're confusing me." I stood up 

"Didn't seem so confused last night." He said. 

I pushed the chair back from the table. "Please don't tell anyone about that." I said.

"What, are you embarrassed about me Edom?" He seemed hurt and I felt bad. 

"You don't get it Leclerc. I'm a woman in a man's motor world ok. This gets out and I'm not taken seriously anymore ok. My job could be at stake."

Charles said nothing. 

"Why can't any of you understand?" I sighed. This caused Charles to suddenly stand up, his chair scraping against the floor. 

"Any of you?!" He said back to me. "Oh my god, I'm just another Verstappen to you aren't I?!"

"No, you're-"

"I am to you. You've had this exact conversation with him. But the difference between us is that if you had given me a few seconds more I would've said I understand and I get that. I would've said I wouldn't tell anybody to protect you but now I feel like i'm hiding this so you go sleep with another grid member." 

"I'm leaving." I stormed into the bedroom to get my things. As I walked out, Charles threw something at me - a hoodie.

"Put something on so you don't look like a whore when you go to collect another key." He hissed at me. 

"Fuck you." I stormed out the apartment and slammed the door behind me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooop - lover's tiff? What's going to happen now? 

Anyways - I'm back (for now). Really lacking in motivation atm on top of being super busy so please vote and comment to keep me going hahah. 

Thanks so much for still reading this story and putting up with my slow posting - love you all. xoxo