AdventureTime002/Cave From The Past

"What is this?" Huntress Wizard held two metal needles. A ball of yarn unraveled on her thigh.

The fire crackled and popped briefly. Sparking life to half of his shadow-painted face, he had a childish smile as he held up a knitted star.

"Just as you hunt… I knit."

She placed the needles down. Throwing her eyes at a random tree. "This is boring."

Y/N shrugged. "I suppose."

"You don't have to do it." He said, his eyes gazing through his eyebrows as he hunched over to unkink a lace of a fabric.

"But, could you wait for me to finish?"

She frowned. Laying her arms over the log she rested again. A silent groan left her mouth.

"Thank you…" He said.

After a few more sparks blew through the wind, she found herself gazing at his silhouette. The lack of it, he was melded with shadows, and his skin was a mirror to the dancing flames.

Y/N's eyes.

They were, to her,

SO VERY PRETTY.

One glowed, his pupil was like a pronged star, a cross of light constantly shedding itself to the world.

The other was dim.

His hands shook less. Yet, the tremble was still there—She didn't know why—She wanted to, but in truth, how much did she know about him?

It was so frustrating.

She touched her feverish forehead.

That she'd only stuck her foot in the doorway of his life. That it would take longer for her to ever know about who he was—A human—certainly.

He was one of two in this world.

A species near extinct.

Yet, was he?

Life sprung from his fingertips. He could cleave through the skies, rend flesh and metal alike. Make the sky shudder and cry, make the stars shine brighter—

He pointed upward.

The faded stars began to glow, brightening like shimmering diamonds. "You said you liked the stars… right?"

There was no man in him. He was beyond that. Yet, he was so fragile. So very fragile, like a broken heart—yes, a broken heart. Its strings and tendons and arteries are disquieted with harrowing pain.

He was disquieted. Even if he smiled.

He was a gossamer web, so close to breaking under one careless finger.

"Yeah…" She said faintly.

He was… like a god. His eyes glowed like one, even when they were reddened by sappy tears, and shadows had dug into them.

It was… so odd. Sitting next to him.

She, a beast, him, a deity. One was smitten with the other, while the other kept them at arm's length, or at least tried as the vines of roses began to creep up their feet.

It was odd… sitting next to such a broken thing.

She, a tough and scarred stone, him, a porcelain magnum opus. One was desperate to find someone—something, the other, dragging them the opposite way.

She sighed. Picking up the needles and scarlet string. With swift movements, she knit.

"I'm finished…"