AdventureTime001/Fear Given Form

"The room is on fire. My ears are on fire. My body is on fire. This is a bid for affection. A plea for help. I'm running myself into the ground."

Birds died on still branches. It was now, at the slightest annoyance, he found himself lost. Y/N's sanity had run thin like an old river.

He stared at the running stream. Emptied of fish, glassy eyes washed over with slick tears gazed at himself.

The leaves rustled. His mind felt faint — he turned — Green skin, green feline eyes, green hair. Y/N's huntress.

She looked at him, yawing as she lay on the rock placed beside him. Her legs were swaying with the gushing water, and her hoodless head fell against the boulder.

Unblinking eyes fell into hers. Vibrantly green, like fresh leaves on the roof of a canopy.

His eyes searched for her lips. Thin and painted a shade of mossy grass. Yet, it was not wildly exuberant kisses he wanted, but her voice.

The ever-pretty sound of her flute. Or the mellifluous serenity in her words. His mane of cut hair splayed across her lap, and she sang; A song he didn't know the name of, in a language he didn't understand, but she sang, and she sang well.

One of his hands was wrapped around her wrist. His fingers pressed into her skin; He felt her pulse.

"I'm addicted to…" He pressed his finger into her skin harder.

"...To what?" Huntress Wizard paused her song.

"So many things about you."

She frowned.

"How funny." She slipped her arm off his fingers.

Y/N stared up at the sky. Bubbling white clouds pushed across the blue sea as a great wave of rushing water broke into shapes of lions, dragons, and cheetahs.

"I can't think without you," He hazarded, "I'm terribly afraid of my thoughts. I don't know what to do. I feel like—"

"I feel like I'm watching a movie, and I can't turn it off— I say, I say—... I'm losing myself to… so fucking what?"

"Y/N."

He felt heat sear into his face. Like the feet of a tiny ember running across his eyes. A warm blush flowed through his cheeks, not out of love, out of anger.

"I came home…oh! I never told… I left. Here! This, us! I left it. I left, I was to come back. But I didn't. Not the same."

"Y/N."

"When I found the grave of my daughter. I blew it off all of it. The weight on my back, on my shoulder—never mind, It was all gone. I was, too for a moment."

Huntress Wizard's eyes began to close.

"But then I came back."

"As unloved as I am. I can feel myself fading like a good memory. It hurts… So so bad. A dull throb. Her voice. Her face. It's everywhere. The trees bent to torment me. Oh god, It hurts. To know that I am becoming something my firefly wouldn't recognize."

"Stop." Huntress Wizard grabbed his shaking hands. Running her fingers across his palm in circles.

Yet Y/N didn't. It was like he'd been lost in a winter storm. He kept speaking, his voice was growing softer and softer.

"Worst. I don't think I can be fixed. I never feel better. Everything is wrong. There is no fix. None. Can't be. Life hasn't moved on. My brain is still stuck on her grave."