Earthbound001/Home

(noun) bereave: 

be deprived of a loved one through a profound absence, especially due to the loved one's death.  

Y/N touched the frigid glass. A wide net of comets and meteors hung across his eyes. The smile on his lips became wider and wider as they flew through the field.

Wider - happier - his fingers felt numb with a jittery rush; A million miles away, that pale blue dot, it was his home. It was Earth. Where every happy thing happened to him, every tragedy, every kiss, every hug, every elated jump and gleeful cheer. 

He was so very close, so much that he could taste it beneath his tongue; Sweeter than any nectar, it was like liquid euphoria - sickeningly sweet. 

"Good job. You did it!" Y/N put his hands up in a fist. Rooting for himself as he walked down the dimly lit halls. "You did it."

I'M BETTER THAN THAT PIECE OF SHIT. I'M A GOOD DAD; I'M A GOOD PERSON, I DID IT! I LIVED, AND I HAVE RETURNED. I AM HOME, OH GOD, HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE TO WATCH ME. 

Y/N slipped into heavier clothes - from his jumpsuit to astronaut attire - the heavy garments unable to weigh down his excitement. 

Y/N hummed. His fingers flourished through the air like the tail of an animal. 

Tethering himself to a thick cable inside an airlock. He slipped outside the ship, letting the windless space caress him once more. 

He sat atop the hull of the ship. His one golden eye bounced the jubilant rays of sunlight off itself. 

Y/N laid down. His spine uncurled itself; It was unreal - gazing at stars he'd already touched - now he was at the final stretch, merely a few planets away from deliverance. 

Ooo

Far away; A woman with black hair that fell down her shoulders like waves of spilled ink laid, the grass swaying across her face like tiny hands. 

Next to her, another woman lay. Thick pink hair-like globs of bubblegum stretched over a scalp. Thick and full - next to them laid a telescope and a pike of gray and red strawberries. 

The leaves rustled, bursting forth a guy wearing a short blue shirt that ran to his neck, and a hat that covered everything but his face. 

He was short, and on his back, a sword clung between his shoulder blades. Held by a tight green backpack. 

He smiled. "Heyo, peebs!" He sat next to her. One leg arching over the other. With him, another burst of youthful foliage shook. 

A dog, with wide black eyes and bright yellow skin that stretched as if it was playdough. It morphed into a smaller, more spherical form. 

Between huffs. "I said wait up!" The bipedal dog held its knees. 

"I did wait, but then I couldn't." The capped boy said, tapping the grass next to him - gesturing to the dog. 

"Hey, Finn. As I said, a meteor shower should be appearing very soon," The bubblegum woman motioned to the sparkling dark sky. 

The black-haired woman didn't speak much; Her fingers were placed on her lips. The tilt in her eyes gazing at her brain as if trying to remember, or trying to think. 

Finn rested his head in his cupped hands. 

Slouched into the grass, the yellow dog placed their hand over their eye; It stretched and bent into a rudimentary telescope.