Back to Camp

The difference in our feelings once we were forced back to camp was stark. Even Wednesday acted differently. He was similar to before the wedding, though much closer. He wouldn't be as mushy, but he never failed to hold my hand or act possessively.
The first activity back wasn't nearly as bad as it could be: Archery. Wednesday was excellent, and it was slightly embarrassing to have to follow his performance each time we circled through the line. Luckily letter from Uncle Fester distracted everyone.
Pugsley read aloud: "Dear Wednesday and Pugsley, though I will miss you both, I shall never see you again. I wish you luck with your lives. When you are grown up and very lonely you will understand. Love, Uncle Fester."
     "That is ridiculous!" Wednesday remarked in frustration, "What would possess him to abandone his family?"
Veronica gave him a look, followed by laughter. Wednesday grew red.
Pugsley's next shot interrupted them. "RAHHHHH"
"A bald eagle!" Becky cried. "Aren't those extinct?"
     "They are now." Wednesday smirked.

———————
After a wonderful day of hiking, it forced marching as Pugsley called it, we were commanded to join for an assembly.
"Why are they so adamant on removing my minuscule amount of alone time with you?" Wednesday whispered in my ear, leaving a kiss on my neck before retreating. I giggled and began playing with his fingers.
Our small group was huddled behind the bleachers, with Pugsley and Joel trading serial killer cards. "I thunk this one's Debbie!" Joel exclaimed.
Wednesday grabbed the card and showed it to me. "The black widow? Lame." I joked. "At least be a little more original."
"Simple M.O. too." Wednesday noted. "Couldn't even spring for some interesting gore."
Pugsley, however, was intrigued. "I'll trade you for an Amy Fisher!"
————
After half an hour of Pugsley and Joel arguing and making out/cuddling with Wednesday, the rest of the campers began expressing excitement.
"Our play, a masterpiece by Gary, will be Thanksgiving themed!" Becky cried.
Wednesday chuckled, and we all ignored them until ... "and Veronica Buckman!"
All I heard was the screaming of teenage girls and I knew what was coming. I was a pilgrim. Likely in the hoped that my soul could still be saved before Wednesday corrupted me. Little too late.
"Our lead Native American, played by our own outcast, Wednesday!" Gary cheered, before naming all other 'outsiders' as Native Americans. We all groaned, though I was especially mad since I was forced to be around all the little kids again.
"Another white-washed retelling of genocide is what we needed," Wednesday grumbled, hugging me before joining his side of the stage.