Proposal

Our time in the harmony hut had thankfully ran out.
Gary and Becky, having released us from the confines of our prison, let us meander towards our separate cabins. On the walk back, Wednesday pushed as Joel and Pugsley continued.

I looked back questioningly. Even with the little I knew of him, I understood that Wednesday valued his solitude above all else. It was puzzling that he would extend his social hour.

Wednesday just ignored this, and began walking towards the lake. I thought he wanted to be alone, but before I left to head back to the girls cabin, he turned back expectantly.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I gave an awkward smile and began following him fairly closely. We walked in silence until landing at a small log before the sunset.

I attempted to maintain my focus on the scene before me but I couldn't help but be more perplexed at the current predicament. It seemed Wednesday understood that I was too chicken to talk first.

"I can't help but notice that we are akin in our dislike of this place."

My eyebrows scrunched, confusion at the direction of this conversation evident on my face. "As you've mentioned."

Almost unnoticeably, Wednesdays face changes shades. "Well, I thought... since Pugsley and I have a pass to leave, that you might enjoy coming with us. To Festers wedding, that is."

"I would love to!" Suddenly a thought hit me, "but would your family be alright with this?"

Wednesday simple laughed, a short one, but the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard. "I'm sure you remember my parents, they love guests and I'm sure they would grow fond of you should you choose to accompany me."

This made me pause again. "Accompany you, as in as your plus one? Like a date?"

Wednesday flushed. "Only should that be your desire. It's alright if it is not."

"No! I would love to be your date."

We sat in silence a moment longer, just looking around a little awkwardly (at least on my part). Unexpectedly I felt a hand touch my own gently before grasping it. I smiled to myself as the sun continued to set.