The Wedding

Debby was ... not what I was expecting. After meeting the rest of Wednesday's family I could only assume she would be half dead, 7 ft tall, or not-human. I didn't even begin to think she would be a curvy, blond-haired blue-eyed young woman.

Despite their obvious physical differences and Wednesday's reservations, I was ecstatic for the couple after seeing Fester so happy.

While the wedding ceremony was beautiful, the reception kicked off immediately. The music was different from what I was used to, but it was beautiful nonetheless. I stood near a corner, while Wednesday went to take care of something with Pugsley.

"Hey there." I jumped at the sudden voice, checking my left to see a boy, maybe 13, looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Umm, hello." I smiled back awkwardly, trying to find an escape for this conversation.

"You're not my cousin, are you?" The boy asked.

"No, actually, I'm-"

"She's here with me, Ahimoth." Suddenly, Wednesday stood behind me, put hands intertwined. Before Ahimoth could respond, Wednesday led me away towards Pugsley.

"I still can't belief Uncle Fester is married" Pugsley didn't look unhappy, just amazed.

"Isn't he a nice guy though? I'm sure you figured this would happen eventually." I asked.

"Of course, but something about it actually happening is impossible in my mind."

"As much as I love this meaningless conversation that won't make any aspect of our lives fuller, I think it's time Veronica and I danced." Wednesday interrupted, dragging me towards the dance floor as a waltz began to play.

Once the song started and we began dancing, Wednesday looked at me, surprised. "I didn't expect you to know how to dance so well."

Veronica blushed. "I've always loved this kind of dancing. Although there haven't been many opportunities for me to practice."

Wednesday looks thoughtful for a moment. "I promise you will no longer lack in practice. If you would like, that is."

"I would love."

—————

As the couple prepared to leave, Debbie seemed to be in quite a hurry. She had to be reminded to throw her bouquet!

Women lined up, and as the flowers flew the the air it was as if they were directed right in Veronica's arms. The women all glared, while Wednesday snuck pulled her away.

He led her towards the cemetery, the moonlight illuminating the intricate gravestones and planting. In silence they walked, until Veronica asked "Wednesday, what will we do after camp? Once we both have to go home."

They paused in the walk.

Wednesday hesitantly began. "Well, I was hoping that since we are both free from the restraint of parental control, we might continue seeing each other. I understand you likely want to go to college, and with my successful educational career I should be able to follow you."

"That would be wonderful Wednesday! But i you don't already want to go, you shouldn't have to go through a torturous education because of me."

"I would do anything for you. Only separation from you would be true torture."