Chapter 9 - Astronomic Threat

Filmore and Candace reached another area of the Abnormal District, hoping for it to be the final one before attempting to escape to CRiTOPiA.

This area had little to nothing going on aside from incomplete circuits, oddities on the floor, and a sky composed of corrupted, flowing sequences.

"Drats," said Filmore, showing concern with his eyes.

"What is it?" Candace answered.

"We have forgotten those who have been with me all along!"

Candace gasped. "We cannot leave anyone behind in a place like this! We need to pick them up, or else...!"

When Filmore and Candace turned back, they could not believe what they saw: Kepler was a cyan puppet, Isaac was a pink monster, and Caroline was a gray whale. The three were giants, and they roared.

"... they turn into V-CRiTORA," Candace finished her sentence.

"We need to get out of here!!!" yelled Filmore, and he and Candace sped through the road, chased by Isaac and Kepler.

While Caroline wasn't fast, she shot fireballs out of her blowhole. They aimed at Candace, who transported the most CRiTORA. Her panic caused her back doors to get open, and the CRiTORA inside her were ejected.

"OH, GREAT!! She had to panic and take us out of her!" Bonkers complained.

"What's the deal? We were just forgetting about Kepler, Isaac, and Caroline..." Lancer said before he looked back and noticed Caroline. She spewed a fire column to get the CRiTORA's attention.

"... we were just forgetting about them!? Why are we just standing here!?"

"They're too big for me!" Suk-ban hid within their sauce.

"BUT NOT FOR US!" Sweetpop became vicious as she prepared to fight.

Kepler laughed maniacally as they grabbed Suk-ban. "HELP!!" they yelled.

"Suk-ban!!" Mirabel lost her cool. "You take care of Caroline; I'll go rescue Suk-ban!"

"I'm coming with you!" Lancer followed her.

"BAAK! Don't forget about me!" Cuckoo joined Lancer and Mirabel.

Candace got atop a hill, where she saw the terror Caroline was turned into.

"I didn't know Caroline could be this monstrous as a V-CRiTORA," thought Candace. She realized she was empty. "But why am I holding back?! I need to help them... somehow!"

Candace integrated robotized arms above her; those wore white gloves. She drove downhill just to be ambushed by Kepler.

"Looking for THIS!?" Kepler held Suk-ban by their skewer. With their free hand, they created an ice bomb and launched it towards Candace, which she hit back with a hammer she integrated on her hands.

"Put them down and I promise I am not going to hurt you!" Candace shouted. "None of us likes to hurt one another. Not even those who aren't really our friends."

"Save your speech for later, Candace!" Cuckoo shouted. "If we don't bring down Kepler, they will bring us down!!"

"Then forget what I said, Kepler," Candace disintegrated her hammer to put herself on some horns and battle spray paint with the clicks of buttons. "Nothing can be settled the easy way when fighting a ViRUS or a V-CRiTORA!"

. . .

Filmore had his backdoors open, meaning that neither Saturday nor Robin was with him. Isaac attempted to grab him, and he resisted by shooting lasers at his hands.