Chapter One: The first victim

aspiring football talent found dead at the bottom of cliff side in Plaines.

Yesterday morning a local birdwatcher found the body of Jeremy Jones dead at the bottom of the cliffside. 19-year-old Jeremy was an aspiring young football talent who had been sponsored by many big football clubs such as New York Reindeers and San Francisco Lions. Jeremy Jones was found around 05.45 AM with several stab wounds in his chest, his heart was missing from his chest. Next to the body was an mp3 player found playing Lacrimosa by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, police are investigating the crime scene and are asking the townpeople of Plaines to report anything suspicious and notify the police immediately.

Written by: Naomi. S /2023/30/10/

''Unbelievable, who can do such a thing?'' Sam slammed his phone on the table and slid it towards his sister Cheri. ''Can't say he deserved it but Jeremy was kind of an asshole''. Sam gasped and snatched his phone away from Cheri. ''I can't believe you just said that the guy got fucking murdered Cheri!'' Cheri only rolled her eyes, grabbed an apple, and walked towards the front door. ''Now hurry the fuck up brother otherwise, I'll go to school without you.'' Before Sam could say anything Cheri grabbed her car keys and walked toward the garage. Sam was left alone in the kitchen, his mind reeling from the news about Jeremy's death. He couldn't believe that Cheri was so nonchalant about it. He thought about the last time they had seen Jeremy at the party. Jeremy had been his usual loud and obnoxious self, but he had seemed to be enjoying himself. Sam wondered who could have wanted to harm him. He thought about the rumors he had heard about Jeremy being involved with some shady business dealings. Maybe that had something to do with it. Sam shook his head, trying to clear the thoughts from his mind. He didn't want to think about the possibility that someone could have killed Jeremy. Sam walked to Cheri's car and got in. ''Finally, I was seriously thinking of going without you.'' Cheri started the car and drove towards Plaines High.

Upon arriving at school, Cheri parked her car in her usual spot and they both got out, the cold air hitting them in the face. As they walked towards their lockers, students were whispering about the news of Jeremy's death. Sam noticed the looks of shock and disbelief on their faces, but Cheri seemed unphased. She slammed her locker shut and shrugged at Sam's questioning look. "What? It's not like I killed him." She rolled her eyes, grabbing her books. "Let's go, we're going to be late." In homeroom, their principal, Mr. Peters, announced the news over the intercom. The room fell silent as everyone processed the information. Sam couldn't believe that Jeremy was gone. He remembered the times they had spent together, the laughs they shared. He wondered who could have done this to him. He glanced at Cheri, who was staring blankly at her desk, and he couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. They walked past Jeremy's locker and noticed tons of flowers and cards left by other students. The siblings walked into Mr. William's classroom, with the English teacher. class went quietly maybe even too loudly. "Class, I'm sure you all have heard the news about Jeremy. He was a great student and will be missed by all of us. Today we will be discussing his impact on the school and his life." Sam listened to his classmates share their memories of Jeremy, some funny, some sad. He realized that despite his flaws, Jeremy had touched many lives and left a lasting impression. As the class went on, Sam couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. He kept glancing at Cheri, trying to read her expression. He knew that she knew more than she was letting on, but he couldn't bring himself to confront her. Cheri who was busy writing notes didn't notice Sam's gaze.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class. suddenly they saw their principal Mr.Peters coming around the corner. ''Ah Sam Davies and Cheri Davies I have been trying to talk to you guys all morning, this here is Natalie Thompson she is new, and I was hoping you would show her around.'' Mr.Peters only looked at Sam and Cheri when he said new. The two siblings looked at each other and nodded. They knew that Natalie was new, but they didn't know why they were being chosen to show her around. As they walked towards Natalie, ''Actually Cheri can you come with me I have somebody else I would like you to introduce, It's about your grades and how you got them so high.'' Cheri nodded and walked away with Mr.Peters, leaving Sam alone with Natalie. ''Hi so my name is Sam Davies the girl who left with the principal is my sister Cheri,'' Sam said awkwardly. Natalie looked at him and smiled. ''Hi Sam, nice to meet you. my name is Natalie Thompson, I just moved here a few days before the murder.'' Sam looked at her surprised. ''You heard about Jeremy's death?'' Sam asked. Natalie nodded, ''Yes, I heard about it. It's so sad, he seemed like a nice guy.'' Sam nodded in agreement, lost in thought. ''Well then shall we start,'' Sam said, trying to change the subject.