Before Kira could properly settle, the boy lunged towards her. He launched attack after attack, hoping one would land, while keeping just out of Kira's reach. I had to commend him for his perseverance.

But unfortunately, sheer willpower wasn't enough to win. As Gon closed in for another strike, Kira blocked his kick and countered with a punch that sent him flying back to the other side of the ring. This time, he was unable to find his footing.

"Critical hit and down! Three points to Kira."

She was now on three points and she had yet to properly use her knives. So far, she had been sticking with her fists, no doubt because she was hesitant about seriously injuring Gon. If she could win that way then good for her, but I had a feeling the kid wouldn't go down that easily.

Gon got up immediately, looking more determined than before. With a swing of his fishing rod, he smashed another tile to pieces, hurling them at Kira. Unlike her, he was not holding back.

This time, some of the rubble actually hit her and though they did hardly any damage, Gon managed to drive her into the corner. The boy wasn't particularly strong, nor was he exactly smart, but I had to give him points for his occasional bursts of creativity.

After getting Kira into the position he wanted, Gon attacked her again. This time, he was more careful about it, attacking from a safe distance by swinging his fishing rod. I realised he wasn't trying to hit her with the rod itself, rather, his goal was to immobilise her with the fishing line.

If that was the case, he should be aiming for her legs. Hopefully Kira would see it coming this time and counter it. Gon was usually a predictable fighter and quite easy to read.

And that was why I was so surprised to see the hook and sinker fly towards Kira's head. She swerved out of the way as it went past, before having to dodge again as Gon retracted the line with a sharp tug.

I almost stood up when the hook scratched across Kira's left cheek on its way back. Why did that brat have to hit her face? The cut wasn't too deep but if it ended up leaving a scar, I would have to kill a child.

For a moment, Kira stood motionlessly, before slowly brushing her fingers across her cheek. She stared at her hand, confused to see the red stain. She glanced up at Gon, who had retreated after the unsuccessful attack.

My eyes widened with understanding and so did Kira's. Gon was never trying to immobilise her. He had aimed for her neck. He had hoped to strangle her.

A cold shiver ran down my spine. If it had gone according to his plan, the string would've wrapped around Kira's neck, the hook locked in place, and tightened with a simple tug of the rod.

Would she have been able to escape it? If she had gotten caught, would she be able to react fast enough to draw a dagger and cut the line before it cut off her breath?

In the ring, Kira's demeanour had changed. She seemed to have finally realised that although she was taking it easy, Gon wasn't. The kid was fighting to win and now it was clear for all to see.

Kira initiated the next attack, pouncing at Gon like a wild cat. This time, two of her knives were drawn, one in a forehand grip and the other in reverse, allowing her utilise body rotation for power and maximise speed. She was for real.

Gon struggled to evade her knives, dodging some strikes and blocking others with his fishing rod. I winced as Kira's knife sliced across his cheek, barely missing his left eye. Now they were matching. Even against a child, she was just as spiteful as ever.

At this point, it was already over for Gon. The poor kid had angered the she-devil and now he stood no chance. At the speed she was coming at him, he was barely avoiding getting skewered.