27

"You..." Callisto was unsure what to say at first.

This man before him with piercing neon green eyes and dressed in all black clothing — a man who had been a second ago almost killed him was saying he knew Luna. A lot of questions entered his mind then, but none actually escaped his lips. His body was still recovering from the panic attack he had earlier, but a more daring part of his brain needed to know what exactly did this man knew about his sister.

Said man took a step back, ready to turn around and leave judging by the way his body was turning. Without thinking twice, Callisto pushed himself off of the ground and tackled him. Both of them went to the ground, the man laying on his back and head hitting the floor while Callisto scrambled to sit on top of him. Breath heaving slightly from the force he took to take this man down, he slammed both of his hands on those shoulders to trap the body underneath him.

"What the—" the man said, body becoming rigid for a moment.

"How do you know my sister?" Callisto said, his grip on the man's shoulders turning white. "How— Luna, how do you know about her?"

The man stared at him, eyes not blinking for a few seconds. Callisto wasn't about to let this go, however. He wanted to get it out of this man right here, right now everything he knew about Luna. Before he could open his mouth to question him some more, his entire field view changed. One second he was looking down at him and the next, those blazing green eyes were focused on him from above. A pressure on his chest, a hand, had him completely on his back.

"Look here," the man said, hissing almost as he brought his face close to Callisto's. "I don't answer to you."

"That is my sister," Callisto said, not knowing where this bravery came from to speak back to the very man who almost murdered him.

The man quirked his lips upwards. "So what? You think just because you share the same blood, you deserve to use that to ask about her?"

Confusion filtered through him at the words. "That is my sister."

A few seconds of silence passed before the man pressed him down harder, a laugh escaping his lips. Callisto wasn't sure what about this situation was funny but perhaps that wasn't it. With how cold the voice sounded, he could almost feel the temperature surrounding him drop. When those green eyes focused on him properly, he feared.

"What a good brother you are," the man said. He then lessened the distance between them until the warmth of his breath washing over Callisto's face. He flinched at the proximity. "I think you're mistaken. I don't care whether you are her brother or not, blood means nothing. You of all people should know that."

The man stood up then, leaving him on the floor, semi-frozen at the words. As he was levelled with a cold look, Callisto could only wonder what he had meant. "I don't understand..." he said.

Those eyes narrowed further before the man looked away. "No... no, you never do. I don't think you ever did about Luna, either." The man shook his head, walking over Callisto's body to the front door. "I hate people like you. You say you care about her, but you never truly understood her or tried to."

He was leaving! Callisto tried to get himself up from the floor but none of his limbs were cooperating. It was as if someone had applied glue to his back. Even when he tried his hardest, there was no way he could even move a finger. Did he use Paralyser on him? He wasn't sure because the familiar feeling he would feel wasn't present.

Still, with each step leaving him further and further followed finally by the creak of the front door, Callisto tried his best to stop him. "I don't get what you mean!" Callisto yelled, hoping that would stop him.

But what he got was a few seconds of silence before a muttered, "Whatever." And then the man left, the door creaking and shutting the only indication that he had moved.

Callisto's limbs worked then. But it was too late.

The man had left him. Had broken into his home, had tried to murder him over his research notes and now had connection with Luna. A connection with her that made him despise Callisto. Confusion whirled inside his head as he took in a lungful of breath. The events that had transpired made no sense to him, but at the same time, it clued on the fact that there is someone else he could look at and find Luna.

A person who was also interested in his research notes.

Just then, his phone beeped, alerting him of a message. Immediately, he scrambled to get it, noting that it was Draven. Right... he had told Draven about this guy before and all he got was that he may be a mole in Draven's territory. With shaking fingers and not letting himself think, he quickly dialled Draven instead of answering his text.

When the call was picked up, Callisto immediately said, "The guy, the— the one who has the Paralyser? The one who stole my research notes, he tried to kill me in my own home."

"What?" Draven said, voice pitchy after a second of silence. "Are you oka—"

"He knows Luna." Callisto cut him off before he could say anything else, not really able to process anything else either. "He knows Luna."

Draven took in a sharp breath from the other side. A few seconds of silence passed again before he said carefully, "I'll meet you at your apartment. Are you... are you alright?"

Callisto could only say, "I think so but that doesn't matter. He knows Luna and I need to find him."

The only response he got was a slow sigh and a, "I'll be right there in a minute, don't move."