Magazine Article

A/N
I know that this is probably not an accurate account of how the Spice Girls got famous, but they did get famous from Top of the Pops magazine and they also got their nicknames from them. Plus, this is a fan fic set in the same era as 1D, so you can't expect this to be something that can be used as info. for a history proj., the timelines are all mixed up!

--Scary Spice

I picked up the magazine, it was from Top of the Pops, and looked at the cover. We were on it! It was a picture of the five of us posing sassily, wind blowing through our hair. Spread out across the top of the page was: "Meet the Spice Girls!" in big hot pink bubble letters.

There was a small sentence near our picture that read: "Get to know the Spice Girls, the hip new pop sensation that is taking over London!"

There were other sections of the cover that advertised articles about other celebs or advice columns, but getting your group on the cover of a magazine with an article all about it is a big accomplishment.

"Oi! This is great!" I squealed, flipping to the article.

There was a page for each member of our group, and Melanie's page was first.

There was a picture of Melanie in the middle of the page, and words surrounded her on the left and right. The top of the page read Melanie Chisholm. There was a list to her left.

Nickname: Sporty Spice (there was a soccer ball emoji next to her nickname)
Hobbies: Anything soccer related, writing song lyrics, eating ;)
Status: Single

On the right side, there was a paragraph about her.

Melanie Chisholm, or should we say, 'Sporty Spice' is all about soccer. She's a soccer fanatic and a bit of a tomboy.

Boys are not on her mind right now-or at least-she doesn't seem to have time for boys. In fact, in an interview, she claimed that she didn't have a boyfriend and said, "Boys are fickle."

Melanie thinks that the next album will be "a success" so long as they keep working on it together ( Top of the Pops is super excited for their new album!).

Yes! Double whammy! They're showing good publicity for our members, and they're advocating our new album!! Can I get a "More fans!!" or what?

I continued reading,

Melanie enjoys all of the Spice Girls' fans, expressing her love for them in the sweetest manner....it almost brought tears to Top of the Pops' eyes...

"Our fans are awesome, I wish them all the best, and I just want to thank them for falling in love with me and the girls and showing how much they appreciate us."

My page was to the right, with the same formatting as Melanie and everyone else's-my name at the top of the page, picture in the middle, and the words on the right and left sides.

Nickname: Scary Spice (devil head with horns and a pitchfork next to it emoji)
Hobbies: writing song lyrics, hanging around, listening to cool music
Status: single

Melanie earned her nickname taking her stance as the bossy one of the group.

She once got the whole rest of the group to be quiet by simply telling them to shut up.

"....the girls were arguing and I was really hungry, so I shouted 'shut the hell up', and they all went quiet in fear," she says.

When asked about boys, Scary said, "Oh..., no way José. Boys are too much trouble. I'd probably scare them off anyways."

Although this chick may seem "freaky", she may be the next music prodigy.

Melanie says that the reason "Virgin" came out so well was because she claims to have found a way to incorporate fun into their last album. She's a whiz with music! And she seems to support her fans, so maybe she's not too scary after all...

Here's what she had to say to her fans:

"Um...hi fans who are going to read or watch this! I think that y'all are awesome for supporting us and have a nice day, ya?"

"Nice," I cried after I finished reading my article. "At least now thy won't get our names mixed up," I said to Melanie.

"Isn't it great?!" Geri exclaimed.

"You can have it, we already read it," Emma said, setting her bag on the futon.

--Baby Spice

As I lay bak on the futon, my phone buzzed.

Hare Bear: Hey, Babe. Wanna hang 2morrow? ;p

I smiled and texted him back a "yes".

Me: Meet me @ my hotel & we'll have a lazy day ;)

--Posh Spice

Before I went to bed, when everyone was asleep, I listened to a voice mail from Zayn.

"Hey, Victoria. This is Zayn," he sighed. "I really wanna take you out. If you just let me try, I promise I'll be good to you. Please trust me, I love you more than you will ever know."

I bit my lip and clicked my phone off, a tear streaming down my face, as I snuggled into bed and quietly cried myself to sleep, whimpering.

A/N
Ummm....not much to say.

Bye