𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽: 𝚂𝚃𝙾𝚁𝙼

SAME DAY
JAYA AUNTIE'S HOUSE

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑱𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒆'𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆*

"Auntie!" Akruti shouts.

"Yes, dear!" Jaya auntie appears from the kitchen, a wide smile on her face but soon disappears as she sees a concerned Akruti, "what happened?" Jaya auntie looks at Akruti concerned.

"Nani's here. She turned up to the office. She's Varun's new business partner." Akruti tells Jaya auntie.

*𝑫𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔, 𝑱𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅*

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" The mother asks.

"Why don't you just leave us alone? Go away. Leave us at peace." Jaya auntie says in a slightly frustrated tone.

"I'm not here for you! I'm here for my granddaughter and for her well-being. You clearly haven't looked after her. That's why she's fallen for this marriage. Anyway, I'll make a move, I came to see her, but I guess you aren't going to let me into the house anyway, so I'll just see her in the office." The mother says in a stern voice.

"Yes, you are quite correct, Mrs Shalini Shekhawat, I am not going to let you into the house because there is nothing for you to see and no one for you to meet, so please be on your way and terminate the contract between you and my son-in-law, I don't want you anywhere near this couple." Jaya auntie says angrily.

*𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒊 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓*

SHALINI'S POV
There is no way that this marriage is going to happen. Maybe I need to come up with another plan to break up this marriage. Maybe I will terminate the contract, but there must be someone who I can bring in so they can keep an eye on my granddaughter and the idiot she is engaged to. They all know I'm here now, let the storm begin.
END OF SHALINI'S POV

THE NEXT DAY
BHARADWAJ FASHIONS
VARUN'S CABIN

*𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓*

"Come in." Varun says, his head still buried in the paperwork in front of him.

*𝑴𝒓𝒔 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎*

"Mr Bharadwaj." Mrs Shekhawat says, sitting down.

"Yes, Mrs Shekhawat, how may I help?" Varun looks up slightly.

"I wanted to tell you that I want you to stay away from my granddaughter. I want you to break off this engagement." Mrs Shekhawat orders.

"And why would you want that?" Varun asks inquistively.

"Because I don't see you a suitable fit for my granddaughter. Stay away from my granddaughter, or there will be consequences." Mrs Shekhawat warns.

"Mrs Shekhawat, me and your granddaughter are in love. I am ready to face consequences, I don't quite understand why you think I am not suitable for your granddaughter." Varun replies.

*𝑨 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓*

"Come in." Varun says.

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔*

"Oh lovely, just the person I was waiting for. Now listen, Akruti, I want you to stay away from this man. He is not suitable for you, and I want you both to break this engagement off." Mrs Shekhawat says, a wide smile appearing on her face.

"Why don't you go away and live in peace and let me and auntie live in peace? Why can't I marry the person I truly love? Why is it you that has to interfere in my life all the time? Didn't auntie give you enough to hear that you've come here?"