𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

The sweet and warm summers I spent in the ocean water that brought pure bliss to me. Eating cold fruit after getting sunburnt on my freckled cheeks. JJ's tan arms wrapping around me while I stood in my kitchen with my wet bikini on, our friends joking around and throwing food into each other's mouths. Nothing made me happier than the summers that were placed in OuterBanks. When Christmas came around, there was nothing better than Christmas mornings. JJ and I would have a small sleepover in my bedroom on Christmas Eve after spending it with my grandparents, aunts, and uncles alongside my cousins. We would watch Christmas movies in my room and giggle about the dumbest ideas that we ever had growing up. We would sit around the Christmas tree in the morning to unravel gifts with another. Nothing was better than one gift he had given me the last Christmas we had together. He had purchased me a small Kate Spade bracelet that was gold, small initials for "P4L" were embedded into the bracelet. All my memories led back to OuterBanks; it was my home whether I had loved it or not.

Rafe stared at the road in front of him while he had pulled into the larger parking lot than the other ones that were in town. He parked in front of a small restaurant that was decorated like a beach town café, almost like the one in OuterBanks. He looked at me after parking, placing his hand on the keys that were in the ignition. "Ready, baby?" He asked as I stared out the window with no expression on my face. Watching the rain hit the window, I couldn't take my eyes away from it. I couldn't take myself out of the train of thought that I had. Feeling a sense of paralyzation. "Isla? Darling?" He asked once again and moved himself closer towards me. His hand reached towards my arm that caused me to flinch out of the thoughts that I was having. My breathing had become normal again, after having a small pant attack that scared me horribly from within. "Sorry, I was just on a train of thought." I told him in response while he examined my face with his dilated pupils whenever he had looked at me with love in his eyes. He placed his hand against my cheek. "Are you sure? Are you alright?" He had asked while running his thumb in small circles across the top of my cheek.

I nodded my head at him. Giving him a kind and small reassuring smile to make him comforted to know that I was alright. I opened the door to the passenger side, unbuckling myself from the seat and getting out of the car. Rafe followed behind me in the same steps. I shut the passenger door and rushed underneath a ledge that would cover me from the rain. The hat that Rafe wore on his head had prevented his head from being wet, but small raindrops sat against his shoulders while he had walked towards me with a smile forming across his face. "You're so beautiful." He commented as he had headed to the door that would lead into the restaurant's main lobby. "Thank you, my love." I told him with a smile that was brought from his sweet compliments. He nodded his head and held the door open for me, watching me walk into the café looking room. Spanish style decor was placed in the café. Blue tones reminded me of the small items that my mother had in his home to represent her Spanish side of her family, such as small tiles that were in a beautiful place in the kitchen. The scent of fresh orange juice lingered in the air while a hostess looked up from her place to see Rafe and I standing in the lobby. Rafe placed his hand on the lower part of my back. The hostess stood with two menus in her hand, waiting to greet us.

She was a short middle aged woman. She had dark hair that had small pieces of gray mixed into it at the roots. Standing around five feet, smiling warm and welcoming for the both of us. "How are you guys doing today?" She questioned and looked at the both of us with happiness gleaming into her brown eyes that seemed doe-like. Reminding me of Sarah. Sarah's big brown eyes that were full of joy and bliss whenever she came around anyone. She was a loving human being. She had a heart of gold and had been so incredibly gentle. She was unlike Kiara. Kiara was more feisty, she was able to get things done and was not a pushover. "Good, good. And you?" Rafe asked her with a smile overcoming his face that sat with tiredness. His blue eyes had been glazed over from his excessive drinking that he had done the night before. "Good! A table for two?" She asked him with the same doe-like look on her face. He nodded his head while she had turned her back on us, leading us to the table that sat closest to the window. The window sat under a large painting that depicted a large field with long lavender flowers. Depicted the dream that I had that was similar to twilight, the beautiful dream that made me excited for my future.