Chapter 9 - One day after another...

Start from the beginning

Gabriel was not satisfied by his father's way to deal with his younger brothers. They deserved a punishment for their intolerable behavior toward his little sister.

They entered in the dining room, and everyone was present. The rest of the boys stared at Suki and at her neck, it was red with fingers marks visible. Enzo awkwardly tried to smile to Suki and designated the free chair near him, but he didn't even receive an ounce of a smile. The little girl sat, pressured by her father's gaze.

Salvatore: Hum... from tonight, we will live all together as a family. I expect from all of you respect toward Suki as a member of that family. The events that happened tonight are not tolerate and should never happen again in the future. Let's have dinner, it's late.

Enzo: Do you want to try this? It's usually pretty tasty.

Suki: Thank you... Mr Enzo. (She said without looking at him.)

Enzo: What the fu**? Mister? I told you, it's just Enzo, Enzo! (She flinched.) Eh! Don't freak out just because I speak to you!

Salvatore: Enzo, your tone and choice of words are maybe not appropriate. Suki, Enzo is right, no Mister to address to one of us, okay? It is very appreciable that you are polite, but this, it's too much.

Gianni: That dinner is weird... really...

The ambiance was effectively weird and heavy. Dante seemed to be silently eating but he was glancing to Suki all the time. If he didn't intervene when Vito let her fall at the top of the stairs, she could have hurt herself very badly or even die. But he was fast enough to avoid that to happen even if he didn't know why he helped her. Maybe the idea to see his father's distress was the reason.

 Dante: I have someone to meet, I'm leaving first. (He left.)

Davide: Someone to beat or someone to fu**.... (He chuckled.)

Salvatore: Davide, mind your language!

Davide: I'm 19, I will not change my way of talking because of this useless thing! If she doesn't want to hear me talking like that, she can leave the room or even better, this house!

Salvatore: Don't test my patience Davide!

Suki: Can I leave the table? I'm tired. (She didn't want to hear more.)

Salvatore: No, you barely ate, and we need to talk too.

Salvatore's tone was a bit harsher that he wanted it to be. Gabriel didn't talk either since they installed at the dining table. He hadn't eaten that much too. He had a lot in mind. When they finished their dinner, Vito and Davide left the dining room and immediately, Gabriel stood up too and followed them. No way he would let them leave like that without punishing them for what they had done.

Gabriel: We have unfinished business together... (He took off his jacket and tie.)

Vito: (He didn't look at his brother.) You want to hit me again?

Gabriel: What? You are more at ease to fight with an 11 years old girl?!

Davide: We are not afraid of you!

Gabriel: I know you are not afraid, and you are not respectful either, and that is the problem! (His tone was cold and his eyes dark.)

Vito: I only tried to help my brother!

Gabriel: If you acted like that with a stranger, I would have been proud of you, but it was not the case.