𝟔𝟑. ✭ 𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 ✭

Start from the beginning

I'm dressed head to toe in black, even have a black cap on my head, since my hair isn't. That's one thing that was necessary since I'd dyed my hair back to its original platinum color. Because Denver was right, I couldn't bring myself to just buzz it off or dye it all back to black. Not that I care to admit it but I am entirely too vain even on the best of days. It's a character flaw, if you could call looking like I do a flaw, but I digress.

I've been with Den and Mal for too long...

I make my way out of the bathroom and inch off to the side. When Denver spots me he gives me a wink that has me biting back a grin. Even though he'd just pissed me off there's no denying how much I love that man. He shouts out to another worker, effectively causing a distraction so that I can slip out of the room unnoticed.

Once I'm out I have to gauge my surroundings. When I look behind me there's a large staircase that leads to the second and third floor of this place. The bedrooms are on the third.

Looking at nowhere and nothing in particular I head over to it. There's a guard stationed at the bottom who I go to walk in front of but he holds out a hand, making me stop.

"Kush je ti?" He's asking who I am.

I don't skip a beat with, "Unë jam i ri dhe kam qenë në stërvitje. Shefi na dërgoi disa prej nesh nga hoteli në përgatitje." Letting him know who I am and why I'm here.

He gives me a cautious nod to be on my way up the stairs. I think I've appeased him but I'm not entirely sure. I tell the guards on the second floor much the same thing, even bullshit a bit with them before I get to the third floor.

Once I hit the third I take two hallways until I'm in the one I need to be in. There's a handful of men outside of the doors I am aiming for, one specifically. Before I approach them I ask my guns with silencers then holster them. When I get to the group of them they eye me in suspicion, all six of them. I don't hesitate before pulling both firearms out and giving a headshot to the two closest to the door I need to get to. Sensing a body behind me, I kick back twice and then flip off to my side to give a roundhouse to another before ducking down and shooting two of the others. A fist clips my jaw when I'm standing and I'm rammed into a wall by another body. Several hits to the kidney with the butt of one of my guns have the man releasing me. I place the barrel of the gun to his head and pull the trigger. There's one more, currently on the radio with the others.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I pull the trigger of my gun, effectively silencing him for the rest of forever. Holstering one firearm, I go to the door to the room I need to be in but I'm met with resistance from the handle. The door is locked. With the single gun in my hand I shoot the lock before pushing the door open. It's so dark aside from a lone nightlight by a small bed. After I flick on the light I'm met with bright blues and sleepy bed head the color of a raven's wing.

His brow is furrowed as he sits up in bed with a frown. That's his grumpy face. Part of me wants to chuckle because he's probably mad that I woke him.

"Da... Dada?" It's a question from his small, little unsure lips.

That's when I realize how I'm dressed and the cap on my head. I instantly chuck the thing off of me. That has his features turning excited as he jumps up from the sheets, instantly recognizing me.

"Dada!! Dada!!"

I immediately holster my other gun and crouch down with open arms. He launches into them and the happiest sob leaves my chest at the feeling of his body in my arms.

"Dada! Daaaaa Da!!"

"Yeah, buddy, it's me. It's Dada." I know I am not biologically his father, and he is technically the son of my son, but for all intents and purposes Wolf is my son. I have been a father to this boy more than any other person in this world. "I have missed you so much." My arms cling to him a little more as I stand to my feet.

A blaring siren begins to go off which has the child in my arms palming the sides of his head with a cry.

"Shh, Wolfie, it's going to be alright." I place a soft kiss on his temple. "I'm going to get you out of here, take you home."

"Mama?" He asks and I can barely hear it over the sirens. "Mama home?"

"Yes, Mama is home." Whether he means Malyssa or Daniela I don't know. Regardless, both will be there if all goes accordingly. "Let's take you home."

"He is home," the woman's voice is ice cold and has me whipping around with a gun in her direction. "The infamous Lucas Warner. Never thought I'd see the day." Her eyes are the same as her daughter's, like the tenor of her voice; ice. She looks me over with, "sad you didn't have a son of your own because you really are something else. Beautiful, really."

"Wolfie, cover your ears, son," I emphasize the word to let her know exactly what the boy in my arms means to me. He does as asked and that has me taking a pointed step toward her. In a tone that can't be described as anything other than lethal I say, "I am going to ask you this once, and only once, for the sake of Wolf, step aside and let me take him home; peacefully. I do not want him witnessing the death of his grandmother by the man he considers his father." Her lips go into a thin line and it has me pointing my gun at her more fervently. "Step. Aside."

"If you think I'm going to let him be in the middle of all that chaos," she waves a hand toward the door, "the chaos you brought to our home, you're going to have to think again." She takes a step toward me with, "and if you think I'm going to willingly let him go with you, and that sick, twisted family you have, then you're going to have to think again."

"Lady, sick and twisted is the name of the game in your family. Now fucking move."

She doesn't.

A large figure has my eyes flicking up to asses the potential threat. When I realize who it is all I can do is smile. Denver pistol whips her in the back of the head with, "yeah, bitch, you want to talk about sick after what you and yours did to my fucking wife? I don't fucking think so."

That has my belly filled with worry.

"Is she... is Mal okay?"

"Of fucking course not. They beat the shit out of her." He leans down to pick up Tatyana's lifeless body and throws her over his shoulder.

"What're you doing? She's not part of the plan."

His angry hazel eyes find mine with, "no, she wasn't but she is now. She's going to receive the same treatment as Mal." When I start to question he holds up a hand with, "wait until you see her and then question me. And with her we'll get answers. We'll have leverage."

"Alright."

With a nod to one another we're out the door and running through the compound, running for our lives.

A/N:
Happy Sunday!

If you haven't seen then you may want to make your way to my profile. Why? Because this has now turned into a series books 3 and 4 are now up. Book 3 will be the piece I work on for NaNoWriMo. Which means that this book will be coming to a close soon. I look forward to seeing you all in book 3; Vengeance.

Make sure to add these stories to your library for updates!