𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Zacznij od początku

"I still should have won—"

"Do you know what I'm convinced of, Natalie?" Josephine questions and Natalie's hand moves to the back of my neck, resting there gently. I lean back against it.

"No, I don't and I don't want to know either." Natalie responds, I laugh a little even though it's rude because Natalie's...attitude can be funny at times.

"You're a sore loser." Josephine speaks and Natalie's eyes go to her, I stop laughing as the waiter puts the plate down in front of me.

"Oh, aren't I just?" Natalie questions, she squeezes the back of my neck gently and I glance to her. She looks back at me making another smile find it's way on my face.

"You're both being sore losers by dragging it on, I don't get why you two are arguing over an arcade game." I say, moving my eyes away from Natalie and to the plate in front of me.

It's a hot brownie with vanilla ice cream on top, there's some chocolate sauce drizzled on the ice cream before being topped off with a cherry.

"I am just saying...I get what I want and I wanted to win, so I did." Josephine speaks, Natalie's hand leaves the back of my neck and I look to her, furrowing my eyebrows since I was fine with it being there.

She doesn't look at me though, she stares at Josephine, like she wants to kill her at this point....

She goes to speak again...I can't let her say what she wants to say because there's a very high chance that it is extremely rude and offensive towards Josephine.

I pick the cherry up by its stem before moving it to Natalie's lips quickly, maybe I shouldn't shove food down her throat but there would be a worse outcome if I didn't.

"I don't like cherries, baby, eat it." I say and she looks to me confused, I nod glancing to her lips. They curve into a slight smirk as she covers my hand, of course..

Her teeth close around the cherry before pulling it from the stem while looking at me. My heart begins racing for different reasons—weird reasons—because of a cherry—but the way she took it. Oh god I can't do this.

She drops my hand and I look away quickly, clearing my throat as I realise I've been staring at her.

"Um...Jane—Jane called me earlier actually, my Grandmas birthday is next week and we're invited, it might be fun." I sit up, getting myself together.

Natalie's books are doing good at the moment actually so she is getting money from that along with school, she said they pay her more at this school which is good I guess. But I still feel like I should start making money somehow.

She told me I don't have to but you know, I feel like I should at least earn some money.

I pick up my spoon, getting some brownie along with a little bit of ice cream onto the spoon.

I lift the spoon to my lips, the brownie is still warm while the ice cream is cold. It's sweet but really good. I hum sitting back.

"Good?" Natalie asks and I smile nodding.

"Really good but I can't eat it all or I will get sick, it's really sweet." I say and she smiles back.

"But...that doesn't mean I can't have one more bite." I pick back up my spoon and Natalie laughs. I smile eating some more...then some more before I force myself to put the spoon down.

"Do you want to try some?" I ask Natalie, she shrugs and I lift the spoon to her lips, she smiles before closing her mouth around the spoon with the brownie and ice cream.

She moves back nodding. I look to Josephine, I push the plate closer.

"Try some, it's really nice actually." I say, smiling a little.