Rebirth of the Swarm

"Not all men are born equal", this is something Izuku Midoriya learned the hard way. For as long as he had known he lived a life of pain. Despite being born with a quirk he was still not treated as an equal.

Bully: Hey guys, let's beat him up.

Bully friends: Yeah.

The bullies attacked Izuku as he cowered in fear.

Izuku: Please, leave me alone.

Bally: Yeah right Deku, your quirk is so useless, you can't even fight back.

The bullies laughed until the leader was hit with a small explosion. The person responsible was Katsuki Bakugo, Izuku's only friend.

Katsuki: Hey, leave him alone!

The bullies picked up their leader and left.

Izuku: Thanks Kacchan.

Katsuki: Hey, I can't always be there for you nerd, you need to find out how your quirk works and fast.

Izuku: I will Kacchan, I promise.

Katsuki smiled and left.

11 years have passed, and Izuku was able to get a little bit of an understanding as to how his quirk works. His quirk was called Psionics, he could read minds and have abilities similar to a psychic, however, what he doesn't know is that his quirk is much more than what he believed.

In a dark cave inside a colony of strange insectoid creatures feels Izuku's power and out of a human-sized hole crawled a strange slug-like creature.

???: We have found him, the next leader of the Swarm.

He turns to a large group of dog-like insectoids that have insect-like claws on their backs.

???: Bring him to the Hive.

The creatures ran into a tunnel in search of Izuku.

Izuku and Katsuki were walking home until they decided to take a small break.

Katsuki: Man, the teacher gave us a lot of work to do over the next few months. By the way, how's it coming with your quirk?

Izuku: It's going great, but I always feel like, my quirk has a different purpose.

Katsuki: Well, whatever it is, I'm sure you'll figure it out. I'm going to head home, you coming?

Izuku: No, I think I'm going to rest here for now, mom said that she won't be home for a while.

Katsuki: Okay, see you around Izuku.

Katsuki left and Izuku stayed where he was. He closed his eyes and thought to himself.

Izuku (mind): What was that dream I keep getting, maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Flashback to Izuku's dream.