Chapter 15 - Discussion (Unpolished)

Start from the beginning

"(I can't. You can't demand that.)" She pauses for a moment, leaving me to do the same as my younger sister and glance through the gaps into our home. I can now see Neytiri shuffling some things around. "(I can't leave my people. I won't.)" She added as calmly as she could. With no pause in between did my father argue back in the same tone.

"(He is hunting us. He is after our family.)" This was about Quaritch from what I could tell. Neytiri got louder, as she tried getting her arguments across.

"(You can't ask for that!)" She stood back up and got in her mates' face. "(The children, everything they know, the forest! This is our home!)" She yelled but was answered even before she was able to close her mouth again. Jakes voice carried a sense of seriousness that would make even the toughest warriors back off.

"(He had our children. He had his knife at their throats.)" He put his hand near his neck, as if he had a knife there himself. Neytiri took a few steps to the side, retrieving the inherited bow from its stand, then held it up in front of Jake's face, whose eyes never left the face of his mate. Neytiri spoke calmly, even though she held back great turmoil from breaking through.

"(My father gave me this bow, as he lay dying.)" Her voice cracked as tears made their way into her eyes. "(And he said I should protect the people.)" She gestures with the bow, using it as an icon of the responsibility my grandfather put in his daughters' hands in his passing. She raised her voice. "(You are Toruk Makto!)" Jake did his best to convince the Navi female.

"(It will protect the people.)" With every word he spoke he pointed his finger at his mate, to further show the importance of the words. "(Quaritch has Spider, and the boy knows everything.)" His words grew more intense, getting louder. "(He knows how we are organized and can lead them straight to us!)" He stocked, blinking, as if regaining his senses after something came over him as the next words were not as loud, but still of importance. "(If the people give us shelter, we will all die. Do you understand?)" The two older Navis pause their conversation briefly. I look at my siblings, seeing them as tense as I feel. Neytiri seems to soak in the words, exhaling softly and unevenly. Jake continues desperately "(I don't know what to do. I have no plans. But I can protect this family.)" Growing more serious with each sentence but leaving very short pauses between them. This time, Neytiri exhaled loudly, taking a step back and placed her hand on her head with a desperate expression, closing her eyes. Again, do the two of them remain silent, with only Jake approaching his mate and leaning closer whispering something convincingly into her ear. "(And one thing I know.)" Neytiri opens her eyes, as my father continues. "(Wherever we go, this family is our fortress.)" This makes Neytiri cry softly, as they embrace each other and stay that way.

As my breathing shutters and I put my hair out of my face, I look at the others, who seem to have a similar mix of emotions on their faces. Primarily Fear, Confusion and Cluelessness.

Everyone acted like nothing had happened after watching our parents argue like that, even when they had shared their plan with us, a plan to seek refuge with a distant Reef Navi clan. The reactions varied, but the prevailing sentiment was one of solemn acceptance, a bitter pill for everyone to swallow, having to leave everything that we call home behind.

Later that night I found myself in my room, alone with my thoughts. The weight of the impending journey and the uncertainty of our future pressed upon me. Even though I was never really accepted in this clan, I knew no other home than this clan and having to leave after so much I had done to gain the smallest sliver of respect was heartbreaking. The universe somehow found another way to give me hardship. It was in this moment of my silent solitude that I heard the door open. My head snapped up in the direction of the noise, watching the door handle turn. I was able to see my sister get into my room with quiet steps and close the door behind her. A soft smile crept its way across her Navi exopack covered face. I kept quiet. I think my confusion showed on my face, what was she doing here?

"(Hey.)" She greeted me awkwardly, standing in my room. I returned her sentence.

"(Hi.)" We both stayed quiet. A few seconds later my little sister continued with a question.

"(Can I sit?)" I nodded and she sat down beside me on the edge of my bed. We both looked at each other and started laughing. "(You are weird, you know that?)" I gave her a fake offended look.

"(Hello? I am not weird, you are!)" Kiri only shrugged her head with a light smile and with this the mood shifted back to what it was before she was here in mere seconds. I looked away, back at the ground. My sister placed her hand on my shoulder in a comforting way.

"(You may think that you are alone in all of this, but you aren't, okay?)" I looked up and faced her. "(I am here for you if you need... anything.)" She lightly nodded her head with the last word leaving me confused and turning my head in response.

"(Why did you pause there?)" She froze for a second before continuing like I didn't say anything.

"(Just pack, skawng.)" My face resembled confusion, but Kiri only gave me a short hug with a smile and stood up, heading for the door. I yelled after her, still expecting answers.

"(Hello? I know you can hear me!)" Click. The lock snapped back into position after the door to my room had closed. This girl, she was something to behold. Now I was alone again. She was right though, I really should pack, or at least start when we want to leave in a few days. But it could wait as I laid back on my bed and let the last few glimmers of the sunshine pass before closing my eyes and sleeping.

Guess who's back. Me. I actually had 6 weeks off (4 were spent on holiday/renovating my room but eh) and only managed to spit out something after two (or three idk) months of the new school year. Some things never change I guess.
Vote and please comment your thoughts on this chapter, maybe even about the whole story in general, where its going, how you want it to go/continue or how I am a lazy piece of shit (please not the ladder).
I am happy to have the first part of the original film done (If you count: Jungle, Water, Fight).

I am sorry for anyone who waited for an update for this long long, I am in my last year in school and just have so many other things going on in my life. If you guys want I can upload the rest of the chapters as ideas of what should happen, as I wouldn't have to write that much that way :)
Until next time, bye bye.