Chapter 5: Keychain

"Why did you choose engineering?"

I don't know what to answer since i don't have a choice at all. I love the product of engineers but never have i ever pictured myself to be an engineer. If not only for my dad, i wouldn't make an effort to be here at all.

"You see, engineering is a responsibility, a lifetime commitment. A single mistake could lead to a wide destruction." Miss Luciano said while walking inside our room. Her eyes landed to Gary Velasco, one of my classmate. "Now do you understand why your mistake is a big thing, Mr.Velasco?"

"How could you be an effective engineer if you always slack off the field demonstration? Aren't you ashamed of your group members? How could they trust their work to someone who's stupid?"

Napakagat ako sa labi dahil sa sinabi n'ya at nararamdaman ko ang pagkakapahiya ni Gary. She couldn't blame Gary for a single mistake! Kaya nga nagaaral diba para magimprove. She shouldn't expect her students to be perfect at everything!

"You should all remem-"

Before she could utter anything I already stepped up. I just feel the need to say what's on my mind.

"The Ziggurats of Mesopotamia, the pyramids and Pharos of Alexandria in ancient Egypt, cities of the Indus Valley civilization, the Acropolis and Parthenon in ancient Greece, the aqueducts, Via Appia and Colosseum in the Roman Empire, Teotihuacán, the cities and pyramids of the Mayan, Inca and Aztec Empires, and the Great Wall of China. These are well known work of brilliant engineers in Ancient Era, Miss Luciano." mahabang salita ko habang tinitigan ang seryoso nitong pigura."Do you perhaps 100% sure that these engineers perfectly created such masterpiece without a mistake?"

"May I remind you that you're currently interrupting my discussion, Miss Hermsé?" kalmadong tanong nito pero nababahiran na ito ng irita base narin sa ekspersyon sa mukha n'ya.

"There would never be a perfect product without experiencing mistake, Professor. In order to create well thought foundation and a perfect structure, don't tell me they try it in one go? that's too fascinating for someone who try in one go isn't it?" I added dismissing what she said. I could feel her eyes.She's mad i can tell.

"Your insolent way of defending someone who's entirely foster stupidity is such a disrespectful act as someone who is your professor and adviser, Miss Hermsé." Napakatahimik ng paligid. Ang tanging sagutan lang namin ni Miss Amora ang nangingibabaw. I could feel my heartbeat when she approached my direction. Hindi ko siya mabasa.

"What made you think that I dropped those words without thinking its credibility? Do you actually think the famous infrastractures and buildings would be built if there's a mistake?" she's a few meters away from me. She was striking her glare towards my entire system as if it pierced through me."What i'm trying for him even all of you to realize that there's no room for mistakes if it would cost people to be destroyed just for your stupidity in handling matters. Engineering is not a playground for someone who doesn't have the passion and dedication, Miss Hermsé."

I became silent because she has the point. Is it because i don't have the passion and dedication like what she said? Did i just understand on what the surface told me to understand? without actually trying to dig deeper?

She took a quick glance before she turned her back on me.

"That was hot." I looked at Fanny when she whispered. "Stop it." I said before focusing my attention to Miss Luciano's discussion.

Napunta naman ang tingin ko kay Gary when i noticed him staring at me. He immediately avoid my gaze. Napailing-iling nalang ako dahil sa nangyare.

Yan kasi Craine napaka pabida mo.