The Grief of Danielle

Everyone is aware that losing a mother is difficult. I'm not ready to handle a death in the family.

Am I the reason she passed away? I told her to board the plane.

'It's not my fault'

That's what everyone has been telling me. But isn't it? Isn't it my fault she boarded the plane; I told her too?

But I can't die; not yet. My brothers and sisters need me.

My life has changed without her here.

I have been working overtime at my job. My days usually consist of waking up, working, going to school and working. It's been a loop like this ever since mom passed away. I don't have time to do after-school activities; I have a family to feed.

No one will understand how difficult it is.

All you see on the news is 'plane crash 50 people killed'. No one will understand the effect it had on those 50 families.

My family hasn't been the same since Mom passed away. We don't talk to each other as often; my sister doesn't even have the same happy personality. I think everyone is just scared that something might happen again.

I wish I could have a proper goodbye. I can't though. I never will.

It has only been a year Mom, but it feels so much longer than that.

It's not fair and it never will be. Why did I tell her to board the plane?

Why?

It's not fair.