A wedding from Hell

Chapter 39 A Wedding from Hell

I spun around to face Alec not sure I heard him correct but by the smile on his face told me otherwise. He really just asked me to marry him like that in front of all these people. What the hell?  I glared at him making his smile grow bigger when he walked over to me and got down on one knee holding a little red box in his hand.

“Morgan I know this isn’t super romantic and kind of sudden but I realized when you walked away to go to Jace that I didn’t want to be without you. Ever. I know the way things were in the beginning was crazy but our connection is stronger than anything I’ve ever felt in my life. I know you don’t need me but I need you. I love you Morgan Stone and want to marry you. So will you marry me and become my wife, my lover, my friend and at times my boss” Alec said opening the box. But I wasn’t looking at the ring I was staring into bright blue eyes with tears filling my own, a smile on my lips. That was the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard him say to me and even if I wanted to say no I couldn’t because I did love him and didn’t want anyone else. I finally looked at the ring to see a small clear diamond in the middle, then a ring of blue stones, then red, then green on the edge set in a gold rope band. I wasn’t sure what the colors meant but it was beautiful. I pried my eyes away from the ring to see Alec watching me waiting for an answer but the lump in my throat wasn’t going to allow me to speak so I nodded. A brilliant smile crossed his face as he pulled the ring out and slipped it on my hand standing up wiping the tears from my cheek. He pulled me in to a kiss getting a loud roar of applause and hoots from everyone. It was a gentle kiss and when Alec pulled away he grabbed my hand with the ring.

“White is wind, blue is water, red is fire and green is earth. I had Julia and Ace help me design it for you because you are too special for a simple diamond ring” Alec said and again I was left staring at him. How long has he been planning this? I know designing a ring takes a long time because it took weeks to get a mother’s ring for mom when we were kids.

“I love you Morgan” Alec whispered kissing my temple.

“I love you to Alec” I said smiling up at him feeling my heart beat faster when his fingertips trailed up and down my spine making me shiver.

“Alright everyone a dance for our future King and Queen” a guy with short brown hair said and turned the music up. ‘All my life” by KC and JoJo started playing and I glanced over at Jules to see her smiling at me. This was always one of my favorite songs and she knew it. Scheming little witch, literally. Alec pulled me off the stage and onto the beach as we started dancing his hands playing up and down my spine. My hands were wrapped around his neck while we stared into each other’s eyes. It reminded me of one of those corny love stories Jules would watch on TV, but damn it this is my corny love story with a twist of thrills, suspense and a whole lot of horror. But hey who said life was easy. If anyone did I’ll hunt them down and kick their ass for lying.

“How long have you been planning this” I asked when the song ended. Alec just grinned giving me a wink when I was suddenly pulled away from him and chocked to death by Jules.

“See we can have a double wedding and it will be great” Jules cried in my ear causing me to go slightly deaf. I didn’t say anything just smiled. Did I really want to get married now, tomorrow? It seems everyone else is already expecting it, even Alec. The rest of the night was spent hanging out and talking. Jackie and Michael showed up shortly after with a huge ass cake that said ‘congrats’. I couldn’t help feel giddy about everything. I think I danced with everyone including a few people I didn’t know. I met some of Alec’s friends who were actually really nice and one of them was a witch. Alec and I danced a lot and it was nice, it almost felt normal. Drew showed up to see Samantha but didn’t really talk much to me which was fine I was too busy worrying about trying to tell Alec about the vision because someone was asking about Emery. Maybe I could just show him and then let him yell at me for a while. I wasn’t sure what else to do.