As the clock ticked closer to the game, Monica's excitement grew. She knew that the stands would soon be filled with passionate fans, and she couldn't wait to join them in cheering for her friends on the field. Her thoughts occasionally drifted to Sam, she was so effortlessly perfect in every single way, she knew all the ways to make Monica's heart leap out of her chest without even thinking about it. Monica slipped her airforces on, grabbed her bag and phone before leaving her apartment to go to the game.

The sun dipped low in the Melbourne sky, casting a warm, golden hue over the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

The sun dipped low in the Melbourne sky, casting a warm, golden hue over the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium. It was the final game of the group stage of the Women's World Cup, and the Australian Matildas were facing off against Canada. The atmosphere was electric, and the stadium was filled with fans waving the Australian flag, blowing horns, waving thunder-sticks and faces covered in zincs +paints. 

Monica's face lit up the moment she entered the stadium, the whole spirit flooding the air was enough to make anyone want to scream and shout. She sat next to Ellie's family in the family section of the stadium as always, her heart pounding with excitement but also a bit of nervousness. Yes the girls had already sealed their spot through but this time they would be facing olympic champions, that would surely send shivers down their spine.

To Monica's left was Ellie's mother. And to Monica's right were the Kerrs. Maddi Kerr, Sam's older sister, sat beside Monica. They exchanged smiles and polite greetings as they settled into their seats. 

The teams lined up in the tunnel, ready to walk out onto the field. The Matildas stood shoulder to shoulder, their hearts pounding with a mixture of nerves and anticipation. In that intense moment, Sam eyes were fixed on a special someone in the stands, reporters noticed this but couldn't quite figure it out and brushed it off as looking at her family.

As the music swelled, the Australian national anthem filled the stadium, and the Matildas began their walk onto the field. The crowd roared in unison, and the sea of fans waving their flags created a mesmerizing sight. Each step the players took felt like a march toward destiny, and Sam's eyes never left Monica during this crucial moment. Her presence was a source of strength that Sam carried with her onto the field. The Canadian team, too, made their entrance, with their anthem resonating throughout the stadium.

After the anthems, the teams gathered for a group photo, and Sam Kerr's eyes once again sought out Monica in the stands. As the camera flashed and the team photo was captured for posterity, Sam's smile reflected the joy she felt not only for her teammates but also for the special person who was there to witness this incredible moment.

With anthems sung, photos taken, and hearts full of determination, the Matildas and the Canadian team were ready to deliver a soccer spectacle that would be remembered for years to come. The atmosphere in the stadium was electric, and the stage was set for an unforgettable clash between two powerhouse teams.

The anticipation in the stadium was palpable, with fans from both sides fervently waving their flags and chanting their team's names. As the referee's whistle blew, the match began with a thrilling pace.