Chapter 5 - After the battle

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Kanata walks through the castle corridor, enjoying the good afternoon in the city of Qua-Toyne.

He often meets the castle staff and kindly greets them.

He stopped at a window and looked out.

The city of Qua-Toyne has undergone a huge change in these 10 months.

Concrete houses and buildings lined up.

Cars driving on the roads and people doing their jobs.

It looks peaceful, with birds and a few wyverns flying free in the sky.

Peaceful indeed.

Kanata sighed and looked at the city again.

Kanata: "'If you want peace, then you will have to prepare for war.' A dark truth."

===============================

November 10, 1956/1626

Jin-Hark City, Lourian Kingdom

In the night breeze of Jin-Hark, King Hark Louria XXIV sat on his throne, with a troubled expression.

After the Eastern Subjugation Fleet was dispatched this morning, there has been no report from them since they requested assistance from the Jin-Hark Wyvern Base HQ.

Lourian command believed the fleet was destroyed or annihilated.

Hark: "What happened to our fleet?!!!"

With him very furious, Base HQ Commander Jin-Hark Wyvern stood up.

Wyvern Base HQ Commander: "Y-Y-Your Majesty! The last report from our dragon squadron that we sent to aid the Eastern Subjugation Fleet stated that the wyverns were attacked by some kind of flying craft and annihilated them."

Hark: "IMPOSSIBLE!!! How our mighty wyverns were annihilated by those inferior peasants!!!"

Then, the commander of the Jin-Hark Naval Base stood up.

Naval Base Commander: "Your Majesty, the-the enemy is much more powerful than we thought."

Hark: "How powerful?!"

Naval Base Commander: "The enemy warships were real floating castles, they had big guns and the ships were the size of islands, these floating castles are also being escorted by smaller but large warships."

Hark: "WHAT?!!!"

Upon hearing the news, Hark Lourian fell backwards and was shaken.

Hark: "What happened to the fleet?!"

Wyvern Base HQ Commander: "W-W-We sent a group of wyvern scouts and they saw wreckage of..."

Hark: "From what?"

Wyvern Base HQ Commander: "...f-of our Eastern Subjugation Fleet..."

Hark: "WHAT?!!!"

Wyvern Base HQ Commander: "Y-Yes, Your Majesty."

Hark: "What kind of joke is this?!!!"

Naval Base Commander: "Unfortunately, Your Majesty, this is not a joke, it is true. Our Eastern Subjugation Fleet has been annihilated, we have lost 95% of our naval strength and our valuable five-rate frigates, ironclads and dragon carriers . The sailors and vice admiral are dead or captured..."

The king was speechless, he couldn't believe that his precious and expensive fleet was destroyed.

He worked hard to convince the Parpaldians to help them in conquering Rondenius, he used all of his kingdom's riches to buy the ships, equipment and wyverns.