Chapter 18: An early goodbye

Beginne am Anfang

I can't honestly picture her doing that but she is still part of a rival family...this sucks, was everything until just a lie ?

I could only close my eyes and leave quietly, after all she wasn't here tonight...usually in her room beside me.

Coincidentally, someone followed me and did it in an obvious way.

Well at least there is one thing I'm certain of...the mastermind behind all this is taking action and so his plan has already started.

I need to move faster before I lose something I will regret afterward.

3rd Pov

The night passes smoothly as Dawn decides to avoid staying in an open field and suggests spying like his room.

He stayed outside, the composition of his body was not one of a normal human due to magicule.

He was already not really one to sleep much before but now he could stay a few days without feeling tired at all.

Time just passed slowly as he continued his training and experience with his skill.

The next day, as the sun rose, Dawn finally got out of his hiding spot which was underground in the training ground...the choice of this location was purely practical.

As the training ground isn't used during night so any sound and movement can easily be detected.

Anyway, now a new day he had things to do...class was ongoing in the afternoon but he wasn't going to take part in it.

Dawn : For now, let's take care of some trash.

His eyes turning cold, he had plenty enough time to get his thoughts in order and the conclusion naturally came.

Now, he was going to execute his plan of action...his destination being the traveling study classroom...it was neer occupied and generally a quiet place as not even the teacher would be there.

The classroom was empty with just a few desks and that was all.

Well not totally empty as someone was inside...hidden behind the door, Dawn carefully observed his classmate Laos writing.

Laos : This should do, Lord Falmuth should be pleased with the result...thought this Dawn is a problem...

Getting his confirmation, the reason Dawn found him so easily is that he had marked Laos with a magicule tracker since the bandit ambush.

Why ? Because their attack was way too timed that it became suspicious...at this moment Dawn concluded or hypothesized that there was someone who gave them information.

And the only two who could have possibly done that are Raska and Laos...Laos who didn't even try to help during the fight.

This could be explained by fear because he is still a student...but then there was no other ambush afterward.

It was too calm and the only thing Dawn could come up with is that Laos had written and given the information of his feats against the bandits.

Otherwise, they would have at least one or two back up plans, the fact that a spy was immediately set behind Dawn at his arrival at the academy forced the point of having an inner spy.

Dawn : Well...there was some flaw in my theory but all worked out.

Sighing, when Laos got up...he tried to activate some kind of special magic but failed as both his hands froze.

Laos : Huh ? (Ice...)

The memories of 2 days ago when Dawn showed his dark side against bandits flashed in his mind...he had witnessed his main magic, Ice.