↠ Chapter 2 ↞

Beginne am Anfang

     I couldn't save Aunt May. I barely even had a mother or father. I couldn't save any of them. I couldn't even save Gwen. If only I hadn't been so damn stu-

     I suddenly felt two hands on my face. I snapped back to reality to see that I was crying. Infront of both Barry AND Oliver Queen.

     "Peter! Peter, I'm so sorry." Barry bit his lip and looked me in the eyes with a worried expression I've only seen from one other person. The worried expression of a parent. I shook my head and sighed, wiping away my salty tears.

     I was about to get up and run the hell out of there, when a broad hand stopped me. "Peter, you'll be alright, trust me." ...Oliver breathed out. "Look, kid. I experienced a similar thing with my parents, and so did Barry with his. You aren't alone in this."

     I felt an urge, and so I went on with it. I wrapped my arms around Barry and cried gently into his chest. Barry gently rubbed my silky brown hair and looked back up at Oliver.

     "So.. Uhmm... Do you want to come over to my apartment for a bit?" Barry asked Oliver gently, blushing as he still soothed my head with his hand.

     "That'd be awesome. With all the work the team's doing, I could use a break with you." Oliver smiled. "I came here with my motorcycle, and so I'll just ride there."

     Soon after, Oliver came to our house and I calmed down. It wasn't a big deal, but Barry has been blushing like crazy for the past 20 minutes. Dammit, just marry him already.

     I sat down on the couch, starting to text my... Boyfriend, Johnny. He helped me move on from Gwen and continue my hero duties after my depression arc. Did I mention he was a hero like me? No? Well, he's Human Torch. Pretty cool huh?

(Yes this is a partly Spideytorch fic bc I feel like it. Ik my other book is about Spideypool but this book is different. And for once, I don't want Johnny to be that stereotypical abusive boyfriend like all those other fics.)

Chat with: Websters  and Flamey:

Flamey: So, what's going on with the new fam, Webby?

Websters: Not that much. Barry's been pretty kind to me, getting me to school and everything. Although, today we were at Jitters and freaking Oliver Queen showed up!! Appearently he's a friend of Barrys or something. I think they both have a thing for eacbother.

Flamey: Damn, you're lucky. Can I come to your apartment to just take a look at Queen and all his hotness? 😘

Websters: Maybe later. These guys have been straight up, well, not very straightly, staring into eachother's eyes and talking intently for the last 20 minutes. Ok, maybe you should come over, I'm bored, especially when these too keep staring at eachother with twinkles in their eyes.

Flamey: Count me in! Does Barry know about Spidey? If not, then I sadly can't show up all 'flame on' on him. 😔

     I giggled at Johnny's comment quietly, and then replied with another snicker.

Webster: Yeah, do not do that. Wouldn't want the Human Torch showing up at our front door. See you in a few.

Flamey: See you soon Spidey! 😘

     I sighed with a slight smile, turning to Barry and Oliver. "Barry, can a friend from school come over? We'll just hang out in my bedroom while you two talk."