Chapter 15: Before The Fall

Start from the beginning

???: Unit-99...ONLINE...

A robotic voice echoed throughout the hangar as its body was slowly elevated by its four sharp legs...

???: recall protocol...

It's frame turned towards the large metal doors that kept it safe and away from the outer storm of Rubicon's scorched landscape...

All before-

???: defaulting to "Black Box" Data...

It aimed its weapons at the doors...as did several of it's drones as they all fell out before aiming along side the four legged beast...

???: Orders received...reach objective point...

*...somewhere in Sector 86...*

Walter: alright...that should do it...

Walter spoke as he finished wrapping up a small burn along his hounds left arm...

Walter: that should hold you before we head back t-

Walter's attention was immediately pulled towards the vibrations coming from a small device in his right leg pocket...

He quickly pulled up the device before seeing through the eyes of a few cameras around his base of operation...

Walter: what the hell!?-

On the west side of his base...a large hole where rhe hangar gate once stood laid in waste and scrapped ruins...as all the cameras could see...

Was the sillohet of a metal spider skating along the ground...with plumes of blue flamed thrust pushing its frame across the frozen waste land...

Walter: Shit-! Carla!!!- we need to move out now!!!!

Walter shouted as he looked at the charted path the metal spider may be taking...

Walter: 621!- get in your AC...I need you across the Alean Sea, as quick as possible!

Carla peeked her head into the mechanic break room.

Carla: what the hell are you on about?

Walter looked towards Carla...and Carla looked back at Walter...his face and expression showing a matter of importance that even changed Cinder Carla's joking and lighthearted expression...

Walter: 9-Ball...has made the first move...

621...otherwise known as Raven...looked towards her master with a concerned expression before seeming to listen to someone else speaking...but no one else was there...

In any case, she quickly ran out of the room, and into the hagar where her AC waited patiently...

Y/N pov

You walked through a long stretched hallway before ending up at a large sliding door...

You looked to the small key pad to the side, but you didn't know the-

Y/N: wait, what's the- ACK!!

...the code...

Another electric shock through your head again...atleast that stinging pain on the back of your head was practically overpowered by this...

Snail: your late...

You had to lean on a wall before looking up to see Snail leaning on the door way with the remote in his hand...

Snail: next time, get authorized personnel to either open the door...or to give the code under emergency circumstances~...

Snail spoke with a conniving smile before walking in...