two

"Would you like one of them?" He asked, and immediately I waved my hands up in front of me.

"I couldn't possibly, sir." I hated calling him anything other than 'stupid prince'.

His smirk grew a little as he watched me decline his offer. "And why is that? Do you think I can't afford it?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well that's not the case, pretty girl." He said in an almost playful tone. "After all, it's only fair I buy you some of those delicious candy apples after seeing that sweet face of yours."

"That's not it, sir. I couldn't simply ask you to do that for me." I did a small bow while cursing to myself, under my breath. When I rose, I had a small, more genuine smile.

He chuckled and smirked again, "Do I come off as the type of person that can't afford a few mere apples? Besides, if it's such a big deal I could even give you these." He said as he reached into his pocket and held out a few coins on his palm. "These should be enough to buy several apples you know, you can also use them to buy yourself some new clothes. Although, I don't know if anything could make you look even prettier." He said in a flirtatious tone while giving me a mischievous smirk.

I reached my hand up and pushed away his silver and gold back towards him. "I cannot accept." I removed my hands from touching him. "Now, I must be going." I turned on my heel in hopes to get out of the crowd and lights.

He chuckled as he looked down at me, raising an eyebrow. "And where do you plan on going to so suddenly? After all, the night is still young and you know I love to have fun." He said in a flirtatious tone before stepping in my way and looking down at me. "Maybe I can show you how fun of a night this can really be, pretty girl."

I shook my head, "You're persistent." I moved around him and walked away, down an alley onto an empty street, though, when I looked behind me, he was following me. I knew he wanted to talk more, outside of the crowds. He didn't want to get caught being out where people could see him. People could start a commotion and he'd get trapped there, being a real prince for his people. "Stop following me, stupid prince." I shot him a glare when turned around once I knew the area was clear. The music rang from the street over, though, it was still pretty quiet where we were right here.

He chuckled as I glared at him. He smirked as if to say this is exactly what he wanted. He looked like such a smug prince at that moment, and I hated it. "But aren't you interested in hanging out with a boy like me? I'm not like those other boys you might be used to." He said all while being as close to me as he possibly could. I kept stepping back, but the more I did, the less space was behind me.

"I don't hang out with these men or boys you speak of." I grumbled, stepping back again, almost sensing that there was a building being me. "You're really fucking strange. This is why forest people don't like you, ever thought of that?" I scoffed, looking for a possible exit, though it's everywhere. I just know I can't leave without my journal.

He started to laugh as I said that. "Oh, I know why you forest people don't tend to like us. We treat you as if you were peasants, but that's the thing... You are." He said in a sly and arrogant tone before looking down at me with a smug grin. "But hey, at least I'm giving you the time of day despite your lower status. I might even like you..." He said, looking as if he was giving me a flirty glance.

"Fuck off." I sneered, ducking under an arm that he put up against the wall to be super close to me. I backed up and rummaged through my satchel, grabbing the bottle of berries and pulling one out before he notices.

He smirked at my comment and gave a mocking sigh as if I hurt his feelings. "Oh, come on. Give me one chance and you'll love me." He said in a teasing tone as he gave me a cheeky wink.