"Umbridge," Fred snorted.

"She's banned us from Quidditch!" Harry exploded again.

Antares hummed in acknowledgement, a look of understanding crossing his face before it faded just as quickly. "I thought Minerva has the final say in your punishments?"

"So did we," said George. "She was going to give us a week of detention, but then Umbridge stepped in saying that she had authority because of the new decree."

"I supposed the Quidditch teams do count as a student organization," Antares said, remembering Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four. "That doesn't explain why only you three were banned."

"Not that. There's a new decree," Fred grumbled, "Number Twenty-Five. She has authority over all punishments."

Rolling his eyes in disdain, Antares spared a glance at the Fat Lady, who looked as exasperated as he was. He kept silent, mulling over his options, before he remembered why he was waiting for the three Gryffindors in the first place.

"My Lady, how good are you with secrets?" he inquired.

The woman in the portrait gave him a sly grin, eyes gleaming with mirth, "For you, Antares, anything."

Antares matched her grin, flashing the Fat Lady his pearly whites before addressing the trio. "How do you feel about blowing off some steam, say, halfway around the world?"

Harry, Fred, and George exchanged puzzled glances. "What are you talking about?" Harry asked, his curiosity piqued despite his earlier annoyance.

"There is a...," Antares wavered, "social gathering, of sorts, happening back home that agreed to attend. I figured I would extend the invitation."

A slow smirk crawled its way onto Fred's sullen face. "This gathering wouldn't happen to be at Mercier Manor, would it?" Upon hearing the familiar name, George also perked up.

The Slytherin nodded, "The very same."

"Mercier Manor?" Harry repeated, his confusion evident.

Fred and George, however, shared a knowing look. "Devon Mercier's birthday party," George said, grinning mischievously. "We've been waiting for the day you'd ask us," He winked at Antares.

"He's a childhood friend, and it's his birthday," Antares explained. "I haven't seen him since I left Australia."

Both Devon and Cole had come to see him the day before he left the country. The original plan was to have one last night out together in Darwin (it was supposed to be Sydney, but none of them wanted to apparate home from there), but instead, they had a bonfire in Antares' backyard. It was about as emotional as expected. They drank, they cried, and eventually ended up stealing a jarvey from the forest. The overgrown ferret bit Devon and ran away, but they saw it again in the morning.

"Oh, how darling," The Fat Lady cooed. "You must tell me all about it when you return."

Antares winked at the portrait. He glanced back to the Gryffindors. "So, are you in?"

"We're in," Fred declared with newfound excitement. "Right, Gred?"

"Right, Forge," George agreed.

The three older boys looked at Harry expectantly. "Count me in, too," he nodded. "I could use a break from Umbridge."

Antares grinned, pleased with their response. "Excellent," he drawled, turning in his place. As he walked away, he called, "Shower, pack a bag, and meet me in the boat house; we leave in an hour."

He smirked as he heard the trio scramble into their common room.

      ✯      ✯