Mario's Call of Cthulhu

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Mario:

Peach, there is a great place to go to watch the Blood Moon Eclipse!

Peach:

What's it called?

Mario:

It seems to be called R'lyeh. It's an island city off the western coast of the United States of Koopaland.

Luigi:

That doesn't sound like a good idea, I've recently been reading a story from H.P. Lovecraft called The Call Of Cthulhu. It has a place with that exact name.

Mario:

I didn't know you're obsessed with cosmic horror!

Peach:

Me neither.

Luigi:

Ever since I got over my fears I decided to read a certain genre of horror. So I chose to read cosmic horror.

Toadsworth:

Well 'tis but a book, and it takes place in the world you two are from.

Luigi:

It's fiction, there never was a real city called R'lyeh. At least I think so.

Mario:

Let's-a-go!

Narrator:

Soon after.

Mario:

Peach, are you dressed?

Narrator:

Peach walks out the door of her room, dressed in her New Donk City dresswear.

Peach:

Yup! Let's get on my plane.

Toad Pilot:

Princess Peach, right this way. Alright there mustache, we need to check you for any power-ups before we let you on.

Mario:

Mustache? I'm Mario, you should know who I am!

Toad Pilot:

I know, just having a little fun here. To the city of R'lyeh!

Narrator:

On the plane.

News Anchor Toad:

It seems like the island city of R'lyeh has the perfect weather for the Blood Moon Eclipse rather than in the Mushroom Kingdom. Right to our meteorologist Kimberly.

Kimberly:

That's right, it seems that the Mushroom Kingdom is going to have a high chance of rain, with the high being 15°C. Back to you Kent.

Luigi:

The brochure for R'lyeh says something about cultists that worship the Eldritch God called Cthulhu every Blood Moon Eclipse.

Mario:

This Cthulhu guy must be very important to them.

Peach:

As long as they don't have to do any sacrificing.

Luigi:

It also says that looking at Cthulhu will cause you to go mad in the mind.