Chapter 2: Maya Protection Squad

"Maya has gone through a lot, don't you think so?"

Mizuki's question echoes through the room, everyone is now silent as they finally enter Serious Mode™. Everyone was silent for so many seconds, until someone in the room spoke up.

"Yeah, she has gone through a lot. Whatever she went through was enough to traumatize her badly." Hikari said, her eyes shifted onto the floor sadly. "We gotta do something to help her! Like in any way possible!" Mita suggested. Nene turned her head to look at the video game character. "But what should we do, exactly?" She asked.

"Oh! I know~" Mizuki suddenly spoke up, catching the attention of the three other girls in the room.
———
"MOVE OVER, Y'ALL! THIS IS THE 'MAYA PROTECTION SQUAD COMING THROUGH!!!" Mizuki shouted through a literal megaphone. They're accompanied by Hikari, Mita, and Nene, who, with Mizuki theirself, shielded Maya as if actually protecting her.

Nene heaves out a frustrated sigh. "I swear, everyone here are a bunch of idiots..." She muttered, quiet enough not to be heard by everyone else in the area. "Mizuki?? What is this about?" Faruzan asked, her eyes darting from one person to another, before fixating her eyes onto Maya's two-coloured ones. Maya is...barely seen, due to the fact that Hikari and Nene are standing right infront of her. Mizuki was just a few meters away from the four girls.

"Maya needs protection! Plus the love and affection she deserves. That's why, Hikari, Mita, Nene, and I formed the 'Maya Protection Squad'~! ☆" Mizuki explained cheerfully, while Maya quietly sighs. "Soooo? Wanna join, Madam Faruzan? Any interest?" They then asked the Haravatat professor, who raised an eyebrow at them. "Uh...sure? Anything to make good girl Maya feel safe." Faruzan replied, smiling warmly. Though, she is still unsure about this.

"Yay! Another member~" The Niigo video editor cheered happily, pumping both of their fists up into the air. Maya just nervously chuckles. 'Please save me...' She thought, squinting her eyes shut.
———
"Ugh, Thesia, they've been marching around the house chanting shit like, "Protect Maya!" or, "This is the 'Maya Protection Squad' coming through!". When will you stop them?" Veliona asked Arthesia as the two spied on the group through a window in the pink haired girl's room.

Arthesia sipped on her glass of milk, before giggling. "Ehehe, not gonna stop 'em! I might join myself~" She then replied, much to Veliona's horror.

"THESIA!"