Chapter 2 - The Night Of The Comet

Hello everyone! Here's chapter 2 of the story. I hope that it's good and easy to understand everything. I've read it some times, but just in case sorry for any mistake. And I wanted to thank the responses that I got in the first part, feel free to leave me what you want (favourites, review, comments in any part), everything is appreciated!

The characters and the plot are property of Julie Plec and the series team, I own the characters I created and the changes I made in the story.

Normal POV

Caroline hoped to have a good day, she had a feeling that something bad was going to happen, but she thought it was because of Stefan and his approach to Elena. Aside from the fact that the next day was the night of the comet and, although she liked comets, the one that night didn't bring back good memories as it had last passed the night she had become a vampire. Maybe that was why, but she hoped she didn't feel any kind of irregular energy in the air that day.

Her grandmother used to tell her stories about the supernatural world while growing up. Caroline had been born as a siphoner, she was a type of witch with no magic of her own but with the ability to absorb energy from other sources to use it to make magic, so her grandmother who was a witch, used to tell her about the world so she would know how to survive and protect herself when she grew up. Most of her family believed the world could be cruel to someone like her, so they lived taking care of her.

The witch had also told her stories about the comet when she was little and, although her grandmother had never seen it, used to tell her that when it passed sometimes it ended in bloody disaster, several deaths and chaos in the supernatural world. Caroline believed that these were just stories and a comet couldn't create so much destruction. But in 1864, she had found out how wrong she was as a lot of people had died that night and with her brothers thy had turned into vampires. So she hoped she would have a good night.

At that moment Caroline was in history class, Mr. Tanner was explaining things about that comet, and personally she was a bit tired of the subject. Besides, she could see Stefan and Elena kept looking at each other, what suggested to her that her brother hadn't minded what the brunette girl had said about her at the party, or that with her sad puppy eyes Elena had already apologized.

For his part, Stefan followed Elena after finishing history class to talk to her, even though they had spent the whole time talking after the party when he went to her house.

-I brought it. I told you- Stefan commented, approaching Elena and handing her a book.

-"Wuthering Heights" by Ellis Bell. I can't believe she didn't use her real name- Elena told him while she looked at the cover of the book and walked down the school hallway.

-All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms. It was the time, female writers weren't very accepted then- the vampire explained. In his time almost everything was difficult for women, he knew this mostly because of his sister as she was often treated as someone inferior.

-Where did you get it?- asked the younger girl, interested in the copy and in what he had told her.

-It was passed down through the family. I have lots of books, go ahead. Keep it- lied the older one and then offered her the book as they stopped. It was true that he had a lot of books.

-Oh, no...- the brunette girl tried to refuse the gesture, but after looking at him for a few moments, she gave up- But I would like to read it again. I promise I'll give it back- she affirmed, taking the book and smiling.

-All right- agreed the older guy smiling at her all the same. Then he saw Caroline walk past them without even looking at them in direction to her locker, so he said goodbye to Elena and followed her.