Fucking Rainbow Flowers

Start from the beginning

"I'm feeling better. I could never get rid of the guilt that I'd been able to go to his home and he couldn't, and that I left him behind. But I can come back now, I can see him," he said and Brock nodded, smiling faintly.

"I feel the same way everyday about Moo," he said softly and Dooo nodded, taking a deep breath.

Something glittered in the sun and Brock looked over, seeing a rainbow flower under a window by the house. Something teased the back of his head and he frowned, thoughts racing.

"Brock! Dooo? Where are you?" He heard Brian call and the two walked around the house, finding Brock, Terroriser, Jaren and Grizzy looking around, worry on their faces.

"Right here!" Brock called and they rushed over, Brian grabbing Brock's hands and looking him over as Grizzy and Jaren surrounded Dooo.

"What were you doing? Where'd you go?" Brian demanded and Brock raised an eyebrow, Dooo frowning at them. "I came to see Eric, and Brock came with. It's the whole reason why I came, why are you so surprised?" Dooo demanded and the four just looked at each other.

"You two just vanished, we got worried," Brian said and Brock shrugged. "We're okay, we're fine. Now, I need to do something, I'll be at our base," he said, kissing Brian's cheek before rushing off, a map in his hand.

He headed to the boats, grabbing his and taking off, ignoring Brian's calls after him. He sailed the miles home, mind focused on one thing. The rainbow flowers.

He knew there was something more to them, otherwise they'd have never shown up with the doubles. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten about them, but faintly remembered reading a book that had mentioned them.

He arrived home, tying his boat to the dock and rushing to Tyler's house. He knew where Tyler had stored all the books they'd used to research everything about the spell, having been the one to usually help read them.

He searched the bookshelf a moment, muttering to himself. He found the book he was looking for, muttering a quiet, "Fucking finally" as he tucked it under his arm and searched the titles for the spellbook that had been found next to Jaren's journal.

Once he had both books, he left Tyler's house and went to his, sitting on his couch and opening the first book. He sat quietly for about 30 minutes, searching for the passage he'd remembered reading before.

The rainbow flower is an anchor. Nothing can leave while it's still intact. Witches use them to anchor their spells, and with them can reverse or enhance their spells. They've been known to even hold onto souls of people who died under the spell.

Brock stared at the passage, heart beating fast. Hold onto souls? He swallowed, bookmarking the page before moving to the spellbook, flipping through it fast to the page he'd bookmarked months before.

Rainbow flower reversal. Brock looked over the spell, thinking hard. He had a piece of Moo's soul inside him, and plenty of his personal belongings. If, if he was thinking correctly, he could bring Moo back.

The door flew open and Brock jumped, almost throwing the book in his shock. He looked over wide eyed to see Brian storm in, eyes angry as he looked at Brock.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? What's the one rule of this world? You don't go fucking anywhere alone!" Brian snapped, slamming his hands on the table beside Brock.

Brock's face hardened, his defenses rising. "I was on a boat, and then I was here. It wasn't like I was fucking off into the woods or on a raid," he snapped back and Brian glared at him.