⁷⁹

Phone in hand, eyes on screen, Nari nibbled on her thumb, waiting patiently. 11:55pm. She glanced at Daya who was sleeping away peacefully without a care in the world. Nari tilted her head.

How can she be so calm at this too?.

Quiet snickers. She looked back at her phone, smiling at the time that read, 11:59pm.

And at exactly 12am of July 7th, Daya woke up to Nari whisper-shouting a "Happy birthday, Daya!"

A happy snort came from Daya as she rolled to lay on her back, pushing her duvets down and rubbing her eyes. When she brought her hands down, she saw Nari's bright smile. "You really stayed up for this?. You could have wished me in the morning"

"No. I wanted to be the first person and I think I aced my mission. Am I right?"

Daya nodded and Nari pulled her up into a hug, making her laugh. "Happy 22nd birthday, Jeong Daya", Nari whispered, rubbing her back in a slow way. "You are the best no matter what anyone says. Let's be friends for a long time, because my life without you henceforth will be a big mess"

Daya's laughter made the girl smile more. "I bet", Daya muttered as Nari pulled away. "Thank you so much, Yoon Nari"

"It's my pleasure", Nari replied, walking back to her bed. "What are your plans for today?"

"I don't know. Just stay in here and leave in the evening to treat myself to dinner"

"Let me treat you to lunch then", Nari offered, sitting on her bed.

Daya turned to her, "But you have classes till noon"

"So?"

Chuckles, "Get them as take outs instead, when you are done with classes"

"Sounds good", Nari nodded with a grin, finally going back to bed. She closed her eyes, placing her hands on top the blanket over her torso. "Have a great birthday, Daya"

A pretty smile came on Daya's face. This girl loves her too much. She wants Yoon Nari as her roommate till she graduates. "I will, thanks"

A hum from the younger girl, and she was drifting off to sleep.

Daya looked up at the ceiling walls. "Happy birthday to me", a smile.

22.

_♡33_

"Daya's birthday is today, isn't it?", a whisper in Nari's ear.

Nari glanced at the girl next to her, Ryujin smiled. "Mmh?"

Nari looked back at the professor in class, "Couldn't it wait?", she whispered to Ryujin and she shook her head. Nari scoffed with a smile, "You can't be cute all the time"

Ryujin stared at her with widened eyes. "W-what?"

"Miss Ryujin?"

"Yes, ma'am?!", Ryujin answered, quickly looking away from Nari and to the professor in front.

"Focus"

"Understood, ma'am". The woman nodded and looked back at her board. Ryujin sneaked a glance at Nari. She was so calm after dropping such a casual comment.

Yoon Nari, really.

Yeji who sat in this class also, rolled her eyes. She put her fingers into her hair, taking down notes.