the 1st

𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡
- a young woman explores her new school and home
- and a polite and sweet teacher prepares his next lessons.

Alice strolled along the dark and long corridors of Hogwarts, the cold air giving her cheeks and nose a little pink color

Just two hours ago she arrived at this place and was sorted into her house, Hufflepuff.

She didn't really understand why Hogwarts had these kind of separations, but she accepted it.

Her blond hair had a lighter colour due to the moon light from outside shining in through the windows. Her footsteps were little and quiet, hallowing through the hallway.

In a pair of minutes it would be curfew, meaning she had to hurry up a bit and head to her dorm.

Alice hovered down the stone stairs, her steps echoing through the halls. In her left hand was her wand and at the top of it was a little light, helping her to lead herself through the dark.

Professor Remus Lupin was sitting in his office, the door open, as always, if any of his students needed help.

It was already curfew, but he didn't have the strength to close the door yet.

He was scribbling down words on a little piece of parchment, thinking about what he would teach in his next lesson.

A little light from outside the door caused him to snap his head up in interest and slight confuse.

Slowly Remus stood up and made his way over to the hallways with a lifted wand in his right hand.

He immediately lowered his wand again at the sight of a student in Hufflepuff robes.

"What are you doing here, wandering the castle late at night," He paused, making sure it was a boy or girl, "miss?" His thick accent echoed through the air. He didn't know her name, yet he stayed polite.

The figure turned around, revealing a little face. She must have been in her fourth or fifth year.

"Oh, Professor. I'm sorry to be here. I couldn't find the way to the Hufflepuff dorms and- just ended up here, I guess." Her voice was soft and careful. She knew exactly what she was saying and the way her mouth spoke everything so delicate was impressing to Remus.

He quickly recognized the girl. He had never seen her before after teaching years in this school. Dumbledore had told him about a new student joining in the middle of the year, but Lupin never became a name or even gender, age or house.

"No problem. I'll escort you to your dorm, miss...?"

"Mandeao, sir. Alice Mandeao." Her blond air looked so soft and healthy, Remus was amazed by it.

"It's nice to meet you, miss Mandeao. My name's Professor Lupin."

A soft and comforting smile radiated off his face, giving Alice some kind of warmth.

"It's good to meet you too, Professor Lupin."

"Now, shall I escort you to your dorm?"

"That would be nice, thank you."