XIV. FIGHTS

Damiano left light butterfly kisses along Adriana's neck.

She knew what she had to say. She couldn't do this any longer if it was a secret from Vic.

"Damiano, wait." Adriana whispered.

Damiano immediately pulled away, leaving her neck feeling bare and cold.

"Mhm?" He hummed, looking into her eyes. They sat opposite each other at the end of Adriana's bed.

"I don't want to hide this from Vic." Adriana said.

"What do you want to do?" Damiano answered.

"Tell her." As soon as she said that Damiano stood from her bed.

"You can't." He said.

"But why?" She asked, also standing up and straightening her skirt.

"That wasn't part of our deal!" Damiano raised his voice slightly.

"I don't care what was or wasn't part of our deal." Adriana also raised her voice. "I don't want to lie to my best friend. She keeps asking me who this secret friend of mine is and I have to keep saying 'you'll meet him, don't worry' or 'you don't know him' when she's in a band with him! And you shouldn't be lying to her either or any of them for that matter cause your band is built on trust and both of us are ruining it!"

"No, we both agreed not to tell anyone." Damiano said, lowering his voice as he got nearer to Adriana.

"No, we didn't." Adriana answered. "We didn't say anything about not telling anyone in our deal."

"Why are you so fucking stubborn?" Damiano shouted, turning around and backing from Adriana as he ran his fingers through his hair. "It's not like this will last forever. You're not telling Vic, full stop."

"Okay." Adriana said. "If I can't tell Vic then you can't fuck me whenever you want. I'm stopping this. Oh, and by the way, fuck you."

"Fine, have it your way." Damiano took his phone from Adriana's bedside table. "I'm sure we'll both find new people. I know I will, you're not that special. I'm leaving." And with that he walked out of Adriana's bedroom and went to her front door.

"If I wasn't that special then what was the ring about huh?" Adriana said as Damiano put his shoes on. He ignored her remark and opened the front door. He was about to slam it shut as he walked out of her apartment but Adriana stopped it just before it hit.

"You're a real child, you know?" Damiano shouted as he left her apartment.

"Of course I am!" Adriana shouted sarcastically after him and slammed the door shut.

She sat on her sofa and let out a deep breath. That was intense.

- - -

The next morning Adriana woke up tired but she knew she had to get up for a shoot she had with the band. As much as she didn't want to see Damiano, it was her job and she wasn't gonna let her personal life get in the way.

She got up, ate and got ready. She drove to her studio and unlocked it.

She was almost done setting up when she heard someone come in and heels on the floor.

"Where are you, Adri?" She heard Victoria shout.

"In here!" She shouted back and she heard the heel sound getting louder and she before she knew it she saw the blond in front of her kissing her cheek as a greeting.

"You good?" Victoria asked, her hands on Adriana's shoulders. "You seem tense."

"Yeah, good. Just some stuff but that's over so it doesn't matter now." Adriana said, turning back to setting up her umbrella lights.