Case#2 Hanako-san of the Bathroom

A week after the arts club incident I resumed my ordinary high school life.

At least that's what I thought.

"Hey look, It's the great detective of the Northern Half."

"That's him?!"

"Yeah, one look at him and you'll know... that white hair that's as white as snow, those deep blue eyes. How can you not know?!  "

"And here I thought my life would be ordinary,"  I said.

"What do you expect?! You helped with that case you know so It's your fault." Sukehiro said.

"Yeah, I know," I said.

We talked a bit until we got into our classroom.

"Yo Kumiko, heard you're a Great Detective." My classmate said.

"What do you want Mikami?" I asked annoyed.

"Detectives consider possibilities right?" Mikami asked looking like a kid who just got his favorite toy or something.

"Yeah, why?" I asked seriously knowing what he was going to ask.

"Hey, hey. What are the chances me and Kinoshita-san will be together?" Mikami asked excited about my answer.

"Low as heck," I said straightforwardly.

"Give me a proper answer you quack detective," Mikami shouted.

"You the one who asked," I said.

"Anyway, I heard that you being the Great Detective of the Northern Half is a secret. Why?" Mikami asked.

"I just want to live a normal high school life that's all," I said.

"Man, you have it good in life huh? You got the looks, the brains, the charisma, and now fame all around the world. Give me some of it man." Mikami said.

"But still, how come I can't remember what happened 3 years ago? I feel like something is missing." I thought.

As I was starting to think deeply about it Mikami snapped me back to reality.

"Yo, you look like you're deep in thought there. A big case?" Mikami asked.

"No just disturbed about something," I said.

"Hey is it about Suk-"

"No," I said.

"You didn't even let me finish," Mikami said.

The class went on, as usual, but nothing changed.

This tranquility went on until recess.

"So what's your plan now Kumiko?"Mikami asked.

"Yeah yeah, you need to plan what you're going to do in the future!" Sukehiro said.

"You hate attention but attention likes you so you're a fame magnet," Mikami added.

"You need to have a perfect appearance all the time and yo-"

"Why do you talk like you my manager huh?" I said irritated.

"Go to the Great Detective of the Western Half maybe you'll have a chance," I said.

"Really?!" Mikami asked enthusiastically.

"No" I replied with a straight face.

"Now that I think about it all of their names are Japanese," Sukehiro said.

"Even though we're the Great Detectives of the World we are all from Japan," I said.

"Wait, the world?" Sukehiro asked.