FOUR, grade two bullshit.

Start from the beginning

  "Ma, i'm not here just for tennis. I'm here to become an architect too. You may not like that, but it's what i've always wanted to be. I don't wanna just be the next Serena Williams." My mom thinks being an architect is a man's job, she's very gender biased when it comes to certain things i do.

"Courtlyn, i've told you. Being an Architect is a man's jo—" my mother tried to speak but i cut her off.

"—mama no it is not." I sighed, annoyed and fed up with her talking, "women can do architecture too. Why can't you just support me? Instead of pushing me til i'm over the cliff?."

"I just want the best for you and architecture just isn't for you. Mama knows best, baby."

I rubbed my palm over my forehead, frustratedly, "well, clearly, mama doesn't know best in this situation. How are you gonna tell me what is and isn't for me?" I spat back, i never disrespected my mother but i felt it was time to finally stand up for myself.

Being pushed around by your whole family, especially your mom is not a good feeling. I feel pressured, all. the. damn. time.

She rose an eyebrow, and pointed her finger close to my face, "don't you ever talk back to me like that, do you hear me?" She gritted, her jaw set. I looked to the side, clenching my jaw, and just nodded. No point in arguing if she's not gonna listen.

But what i do know, is that... imma get my bachelors degree in architecture. Even if she supports it or not.

I walked into dr. telphy's class, with my crutches, seeing the man sniff a marker. I carefully walked up the stairs to get to my seat next to Vivek. My friends stared at me, with concerned faces.

"Hey, sluts." I greeted, putting my crutches on the floor.

"Girl, what the hell happened to you?" Jazz asked, her face screwed up as she looked at my boot.

"Sprained my ankle at practice. Alyssa was beating my shit in, ended up bending my ankle too hard." I shrugged nonchalantly, looking at the heavy boot.

"Is it a grade 1, 2 or 3?" Skye asked with her soft voice.

"Two. won't be able to play for about 6-7 weeks." I muttered, suddenly feeling my energy change to a sad one. Now i'm gonna have to just sit again practice and watch the girls play.

The twins winced, "damn..." they dragged at the same time making me mug them. Zoey suddenly turned toward us, she looked upset.

Jazz seemingly knew what was wrong i'm guessing, "cut. that. motherfucker. loose." She clapped her hands with each word, leaving me confused.

"Boy, bye." Skye added, "what he did to you was inexcusable." Okay what they talking about?

"Do you really wanna be with some dude who goes off on Instagram like that when he gets all in his little feelings?" Jazz asked Zoey.

"That's some black chyna and rob kardashian shit." Skye rolled her neck.

"Right? I tell him about my virginity and he blasts it?" Zoey said in disbelief, "i'm like 'dude are you slow?'" Zoey put fingers up to her head.

"Hold on, what the hell is going on?" I asked them, raising an eyebrow. no one answered me, because Aaron's ass started talking, with that shitty rat tail in his head.

"Well, i mean, he is an athlete, so..." he uttered, making me and the twins look at him stupid, "no offense guys." He said to us, i scoffed and flipped him off. (And of course, it's censored.)