ONE, late registration.

—— episode one, late registration

Courtlyn's narration.

I'M FINALLY FREE.

no parents. no siblings. no abiding by mama's rules. i can do whatever i— please. That's a lie. My mom is the administrator for this college—Cal U. she's gonna be watching me like a damn hawk. i guarantee she's gonna burst through my apartment door and rush me out so i can get to my midnight class.

My door burst open, and in walked my mother, Nicole Neeman. "i done told yo ass about being late. You been here for three days and done been late to every one of your classes." She immediately got on my ass.

  What did i tell you?

  "Mama I'm just grabbing my backpack. Chill." She squinted her eyes at me, ushering me out of the room. "Alright, your class is across the campus so you better run, like you run track. You hear me?" I just nodded at her words.

  My mama was very , very big on education. That's partly why she even decided to work at a college. She told me that even though this is college, i still need to treat it like it's high-school and graduate. Whatever that means.

  I arrived to the class, seeing a variety of people, from old to young. I tried not to look so shocked. I sat beside some guy in a black and white shirt.

"Good evening, everyone." The teacher popped up from behind a computer, already starting off weird. "If you're here for the Digital Marketing Strategies class... you've come to the correct place." boring.

"If you're here to inquire about the listing for a mixed-breed liter of premature breech terrier puppies.." the dark-skin man looked over at a box of puppies. okay, when the fuck did that get there? "you've also come to the right place."

he clicked a button on a remote, "I am Professor Dr. Charles Telphy."

I've heard enough. This man is not a doctor. how did he even become a professor, he seems weird. and I hate to say it but he looks as if he can't take this shit serious, i'm not complaining.