Chapter 1

One fateful autumn night, as the harvest moon hung low in the sky, a chilling breeze swept through the small town of Willowbrook. Justin Fuller, under the canopy of rustling almond trees, found himself entangled in a sinister tale that would change his life forever. The shadows grew longer, and the air turned colder, foretelling an eerie twist in the lives of these seemingly ordinary townsfolk.

As Justin watched the moonlight dance on the almond leaves, he couldn't shake the feeling that something ominous was about to unfold. Little did he know, the darkness that shrouded Willowbrook was not merely a product of the night; it had seeped into the very soul of his best friend, Cory Reed, whose heart harbored a deep resentment for the town that had always shunned him.

Driven by the poison of his father's reputation, Cory's once innocent eyes now gleamed with a malevolent spark. The town's relentless mockery and the constant humiliation he endured had transformed him into a vengeful spirit, plotting a revenge that would shake Willowbrook to its core.

Unbeknownst to Justin, he was about to be drawn into a horrifying web of revenge and despair, where the line between reality and nightmare blurred, and the sins of the past would come back to haunt them all. During the days that followed Cory's disappearance, the friend group carried on with their lives, their laughter masking the worry that lingered in their hearts. Amanda, Yasmine, Justin, Frank, and Cruz continued their routines, unaware of the storm brewing just beneath the surface. It was Justin, the observant soul, who couldn't ignore Cory's absence.

Every night, as the moon waxed and waned, Justin found himself haunted by a gnawing unease. He replayed their last conversation, searching for clues, his mind plagued by questions. Where had Cory gone? Why did he leave without a word? The once-familiar paths they walked together felt empty, and the almond orchards, once a sanctuary, now echoed with silence.

As the days stretched into an eternity, Justin's determination to find his friend intensified. He retraced Cory's steps, questioning neighbors, and tirelessly searching Willowbrook's nooks and crannies. The others, unaware of Justin's silent quest, continued their lives, oblivious to the darkness that loomed over their town.

Then, one moonlit night, when the stars blinked in the vast expanse above, Justin discovered a cryptic message scrawled on the door of the abandoned Reed house. The message was written in a language known only to the deepest corners of Cory's troubled mind. It spoke of revenge, of pain, and of a darkness that threatened to consume them all.

Fear gripped Justin's heart as he deciphered the message, realizing that Cory had not simply vanished; he had willingly embraced the shadows, becoming something far more sinister than anyone could have imagined. Justin, torn between loyalty and fear, faced a choice: to confront the malevolent force that had consumed his friend, or to succumb to the terror that now lurked in the corners of their once peaceful town.

When the group of friends where Ten years old they wit eased the creature in the woods. They had all made a pact to stay far away from it. The only three stupid enough to go back where Justin Amanda and Cory. As children, their innocent curiosity led them to the edge of the woods, where shadows danced and whispered secrets. Ten-year-old Justin, Amanda, and Cory couldn't resist the lure of the mysterious creature rumored to dwell within. Ignoring the warnings of their childhood pact, they ventured deeper, drawn by an inexplicable fascination and the thrill of the unknown.

In the heart of the woods, they discovered an ancient, gnarled tree, its roots tangled like veins in the earth. Beneath its twisted branches, they glimpsed the creature—a creature of darkness and despair, with eyes that seemed to hold the weight of centuries. Fearful yet entranced, they approached, their hearts pounding with a mixture of dread and excitement.